Sissy bar and rack.

Lord Popgun_imp said:
If you guys haven't noticed, Swartzracer has been banned, so he won't be posting here.
Trying to contact "treytexag" who is an active member and regular visitor.:thumbsup:

Glenn
 
gman, have you tried a PM or email?
 
gman_imp said:
Michael,

I am in the same boat as you, no pictures of the bracket's off the bike showing exactly what was removed for more detail. I have sent an email and a pm but received no response. Guess we will just have to "wing it". This is the second time in a few weeks that requests for help fell on "deaf forum" members ears. I will post pictures when I am done.

Glenn

http://m.ebay.com/itm/310802495941?nav=SEARCH

Hi, do you think you could give people like me, not the greatest fabricator, a little more info/pix to help me out. The price is great and it looks good too. I am guessing it would work for either the 2013 or 2017EX. Thanks, Michael
treytexag_imp said:
With all the rain we've had here in Texas the last few days, I decided to break out my tools and get this installed. I didn't have that much to go-by, but I got out my sharpie and my grinder with cut-off wheel and got started. After quite a bit of marking, test fitting, cutting, trying-on, cutting and drilling some more, then some sanding and polishing, I did get it installed on my 2014 DLX.

4be92191835857142705a08d298b3780.jpg


I haven't lowered the angle of the backrest yet (not sure I will), my son and I have given it a test ride in between rains, and it seems OK so far, we'll see. And I can get the seat on and off without too much trouble.

Gents, please note that I'm not a welder or a fabricator, and I'm certainly not that mechanically inclined . . . . but I was able to get it done. If you're like me, and would like more insight as to what I did on this, I'd be happy to share what I did, just shoot me a PM and I'll try to assist.
Hi, I am going to try it too. I have a grinder and a drill. All you guys pix are great. I will just take it slow and try not to mess it up. If I am able to get one done, I am going to put one on my other CB1100 also. Thanks! Michael
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
Hi, do you think you could give people like me, not the greatest fabricator, a little more info/pix to help me out. The price is great and it looks good too. I am guessing it would work for either the 2013 or 2017EX. Thanks, Michael
treytexag_imp said:
With all the rain we've had here in Texas the last few days, I decided to break out my tools and get this installed. I didn't have that much to go-by, but I got out my sharpie and my grinder with cut-off wheel and got started. After quite a bit of marking, test fitting, cutting, trying-on, cutting and drilling some more, then some sanding and polishing, I did get it installed on my 2014 DLX.

4be92191835857142705a08d298b3780.jpg


I haven't lowered the angle of the backrest yet (not sure I will), my son and I have given it a test ride in between rains, and it seems OK so far, we'll see. And I can get the seat on and off without too much trouble.

Gents, please note that I'm not a welder or a fabricator, and I'm certainly not that mechanically inclined . . . . but I was able to get it done. If you're like me, and would like more insight as to what I did on this, I'd be happy to share what I did, just shoot me a PM and I'll try to assist.
Hi, I am going to try it too. I have a grinder and a drill. All you guys pix are great. I will just take it slow and try not to mess it up. If I am able to get one done, I am going to put one on my other CB1100 also. Thanks! Michael
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
 
michael1954_imp said:
gman_imp said:
Michael,

I am in the same boat as you, no pictures of the bracket's off the bike showing exactly what was removed for more detail. I have sent an email and a pm but received no response. Guess we will just have to "wing it". This is the second time in a few weeks that requests for help fell on "deaf forum" members ears. I will post pictures when I am done.

Glenn

http://m.ebay.com/itm/310802495941?nav=SEARCH

Hi, do you think you could give people like me, not the greatest fabricator, a little more info/pix to help me out. The price is great and it looks good too. I am guessing it would work for either the 2013 or 2017EX. Thanks, Michael
treytexag_imp said:
With all the rain we've had here in Texas the last few days, I decided to break out my tools and get this installed. I didn't have that much to go-by, but I got out my sharpie and my grinder with cut-off wheel and got started. After quite a bit of marking, test fitting, cutting, trying-on, cutting and drilling some more, then some sanding and polishing, I did get it installed on my 2014 DLX.

4be92191835857142705a08d298b3780.jpg


I haven't lowered the angle of the backrest yet (not sure I will), my son and I have given it a test ride in between rains, and it seems OK so far, we'll see. And I can get the seat on and off without too much trouble.

Gents, please note that I'm not a welder or a fabricator, and I'm certainly not that mechanically inclined . . . . but I was able to get it done. If you're like me, and would like more insight as to what I did on this, I'd be happy to share what I did, just shoot me a PM and I'll try to assist.
Hi, I am going to try it too. I have a grinder and a drill. All you guys pix are great. I will just take it slow and try not to mess it up. If I am able to get one done, I am going to put one on my other CB1100 also. Thanks! Michael
[/QUOTE]
Hi, do you think you could give people like me, not the greatest fabricator, a little more info/pix to help me out. The price is great and it looks good too. I am guessing it would work for either the 2013 or 2017EX. Thanks, Michael
treytexag_imp said:
With all the rain we've had here in Texas the last few days, I decided to break out my tools and get this installed. I didn't have that much to go-by, but I got out my sharpie and my grinder with cut-off wheel and got started. After quite a bit of marking, test fitting, cutting, trying-on, cutting and drilling some more, then some sanding and polishing, I did get it installed on my 2014 DLX.

4be92191835857142705a08d298b3780.jpg


I haven't lowered the angle of the backrest yet (not sure I will), my son and I have given it a test ride in between rains, and it seems OK so far, we'll see. And I can get the seat on and off without too much trouble.

Gents, please note that I'm not a welder or a fabricator, and I'm certainly not that mechanically inclined . . . . but I was able to get it done. If you're like me, and would like more insight as to what I did on this, I'd be happy to share what I did, just shoot me a PM and I'll try to assist.
Hi, I am going to try it too. I have a grinder and a drill. All you guys pix are great. I will just take it slow and try not to mess it up. If I am able to get one done, I am going to put one on my other CB1100 also. Thanks! Michael
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

Thanks!
[/QUOTE]
Hi, do you think you could give people like me, not the greatest fabricator, a little more info/pix to help me out. The price is great and it looks good too. I am guessing it would work for either the 2013 or 2017EX. Thanks, Michael
treytexag_imp said:
With all the rain we've had here in Texas the last few days, I decided to break out my tools and get this installed. I didn't have that much to go-by, but I got out my sharpie and my grinder with cut-off wheel and got started. After quite a bit of marking, test fitting, cutting, trying-on, cutting and drilling some more, then some sanding and polishing, I did get it installed on my 2014 DLX.

4be92191835857142705a08d298b3780.jpg


I haven't lowered the angle of the backrest yet (not sure I will), my son and I have given it a test ride in between rains, and it seems OK so far, we'll see. And I can get the seat on and off without too much trouble.

Gents, please note that I'm not a welder or a fabricator, and I'm certainly not that mechanically inclined . . . . but I was able to get it done. If you're like me, and would like more insight as to what I did on this, I'd be happy to share what I did, just shoot me a PM and I'll try to assist.
Hi, I am going to try it too. I have a grinder and a drill. All you guys pix are great. I will just take it slow and try not to mess it up. If I am able to get one done, I am going to put one on my other CB1100 also. Thanks! Michael [/QUOTE]

Thanks!
[/QUOTE]
Hi guys, just got one right now off Ebay for $52 offer/free shipping. it is the exact same one in the photos. Will get started on it as soon as it gets here. I noticed these are selling fast. Is it us on the Forum buying all of them? :D
 
Thanks!
[/QUOTE]
Hi guys, just got one right now off Ebay for $52 offer/free shipping. it is the exact same one in the photos. Will get started on it as soon as it gets here. I noticed these are selling fast. Is it us on the Forum buying all of them? :D
[/QUOTE]

Michael, this is the one I purchased, not sure if there is any difference other than the one I received was fully chromed on all sides.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sissy-Bar-...RK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Glenn
 
gman_imp said:
Hi guys, just got one right now off Ebay for $52 offer/free shipping. it is the exact same one in the photos. Will get started on it as soon as it gets here. I noticed these are selling fast. Is it us on the Forum buying all of them? :D
[/QUOTE]

Michael, this is the one I purchased, not sure if there is any difference other than the one I received was fully chromed on all sides.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sissy-Bar-...RK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Glenn
[/QUOTE] Hi guys, just got one right now off Ebay for $52 offer/free shipping. it is the exact same one in the photos. Will get started on it as soon as it gets here. I noticed these are selling fast. Is it us on the Forum buying all of them? :D
[/QUOTE]

Michael, this is the one I purchased, not sure if there is any difference other than the one I received was fully chromed on all sides.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sissy-Bar-...RK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Glenn
[/QUOTE]
Hi Glenn, it looks the same, just cost you less! :celebrate: Let me know when you get yours and your progress, and I will do the same. I have been looking for a decent, not $400 rack/backrest for awhile. Good ol' forum comes thru again! Riding my CB1100EX to school tomorrow to work! Found a way to work with small groups, with mask, 6 feet or more apart, and I can teach a few kids at least. Now, do I put the rack on the 2013 or 2017 first? I may buy a second one where you did for my 2nd CB. Have a good, safe riding day tomorrow! Michael
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
Interested...hope it works and you guys post pictures!
I finished the rack and I think it turned out fairly well.
I don't know about the others but my rack needed a few tweaks to get it to work.
I put the slot on the front hole to allow it to move back just a little more.
[attachment=11894][attachment=11895][attachment=11896][attachment=11897][attachment=11898][attachment=11894]
 
Looks good, smelville.
 
Agree, really looks good. Wasn't too bad, was it? I was surprised that by going slow, checking and rechecking, I was able to get one done on my 2014 DLX - as shown in the pics. Great work Smelville.
 
Congrats Smelville! It came out really nice :thumbsup:
 
Thanks guys,
I was a bit more work than I thought because things needed to be bent but not too bad. Also the Corbin seat makes for a tighter fit so I had to space it up some to get it to work. Great deal for under $50!!
Steve
 
Nice jobs ! ... please inspect your final setup for sharp edges, sharp screw ends, etc. Imagine you pillion holds onto the rack or the sissy-bar in some place (you may not even notice when and where). Now add a situation where you slam on the brakes, or similar g-forces. Could the pillion's hands get cut, while his (or HER!) hands start moving under the pressure of weight and acceleration ?
 
Back
Top