Sissy bar and rack.

Swartzracer_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Here is pic of my retro fit sissy bar and rack. I purchased it new on eBay. $59 dollars free shipping. I am pleased with it but I think I will have the side plates re chromed this winter.
 
It does look good! And with that new chrome it will look even better!
 
Looks great, Swartzracer. Is that the carrier and backrest from a Honda Shadow that you were mentioning? Did you make your own brackets to mount it? If so, do you have a pic of the bracket you made? It's always helpful for other owners out there that are looking for backrest options. I think this is the first time a backrest was attached without using a 2013 or 2014 CB1100 carrier rack (or Corbin seat with the built-in). Thnx-
 
Thread starter
Yes it was originally made for a 2007 honda shadow. I used the brackets that came with them. I just switched the right and left around for the offset bends. I had to trim the brackets to fit and drill one new hole in the bracket. The side plates wouldn't need re chromed if I would not of had to switch them from side to side. The chrome on the back of them is not like the front of them. Everything for $59 bucks is a pretty sweet deal. It took me about 2 hours to make it work. Now that I know how to trim the brackets I could do the job in an hour.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/310802495941?nav=SEARCH
 
1ate,

I bet you could easily. Mount the Givi mount to the rack and the box to the mount.
 
Swartzracer.
I really like what you've found and went to the eBay site. They ask for a sub model. Can you tell me which one you used?
 
1ate7records_imp said:
Do you think it would be possible to remove the back rest if wanted & put a givi top case on that rack?
I had a Shadow and I did just that: removed the backrest and attached a Givi topbox to the rack. Worked really well.
 
Thread starter
CBToby_imp said:
Swartzracer.
I really like what you've found and went to the eBay site. They ask for a sub model. Can you tell me which one you used?
Just click on the link I posted a couple post up. It takes you directly to the one I purchased. 2007 honda VT600
 
I did the same mod......... chopped it and drilled two holes....... now the rack is too close to the seat ,..... ill have to adjust further,,,,,,, but this is an easy and cheap alternative...
 
I just did this set up myself after reading the post. There was some machining but the end result is unbelievable for the price.
 
Swartzracer: You just saved me so much money by posting that ebay link. I was searching for hours and was near close to buying just the rear rack carrier from Germany ($170) to start my sissy bar setup and alas I found this thread.

Can't wait to get my girl on this now.
 
8a00ab8362fe8ae25a8fa52554480ff1.jpg


Installed this today. Took some work getting the holes just right but completed it nonetheless.
 
Good work Specialist. That should make your other half feel a little more secure. That's the one off the Honda 600 Shadow?
 
Dang, I really like that black powder coating. May have to go back to the think tank on this one.

As a side note, there should be some kind of alert to let the forum know that if they want a sissy bar and rear rack, there's a $60 option out there if you're willing to put in the time to accommodate the setup. Can't think of a cheaper price for something so useful. If you don't have the tools (like me), any auto shop can drill the holes for you. Just make sure to give em a $5 or $10 for their time.
The ferret_imp said:
Good work Specialist. That should make your other half feel a little more secure. That's the one off the Honda 600 Shadow?
Yeah, I guess it was for the Shadow Steed 600. One of the best bargains I've seen for a sissy bar/rear rack setup. The girlfriend is in love. We can now ride without worry haha
 
Back
Top