Single side dual pipe for CB ?

Rebel73_imp said:
Well, I understand the weight argument, but if performance was my primary goal, I'd be looking at a different kind of bike altogether. I saw some bad-azz black duals online so I may just buy a '13 and slap those on.

24832c84e4d7a2db97ac3d9622a830ce.jpg
"Mr. Symmetry" didn't tell you? What a surprise, well it seems less weight = more performance and so the one piper is also faster even carrying a monster dounut. It's true. So, what's your next argument...you like symmetry? Okay, but I'd rather have the dounut.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
LOVE how this has turned into a doughnut conversation! LOL

(BTW they are the most symmetrical of all the breakfast pastries)
The Round Rock donuts are oval, so they're only symmetrical in north/south or east/west orientation. Hmmm, I'm just 5 minutes from that place right now. Semi like a reasonable place to go after hitting the gym...

Back on topic, weight is less of a concern on a bike that in it's lightest form is 540 lbs (30 lbs is less than 6% of the bikes weight, even more like 4% with the rider). An aftermarket 4-2 exhaust is probably similar in weight to the 2013 factory exhaust. Coupled with loosing 10 lbs of centerstand, you'll drop weight on a 2013. There is also the Tadao Two Tails exhaust that allows you to retain the center stand unlike other 4-2 systems.

I think it comes down to looks and possibly sound when changing systems. Performance gains are nice, but not something I counted on when I installed my Staintune slip on. I wanted a smaller muffler and deeper sound. I got it and it feels more responsive.
 
Actually, I'm kinda liking that black...that would look great on my 14 Black Edition.
the_undecider_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
LOVE how this has turned into a doughnut conversation! LOL

(BTW they are the most symmetrical of all the breakfast pastries)
The Round Rock donuts are oval, so they're only symmetrical in north/south or east/west orientation. Hmmm, I'm just 5 minutes from that place right now. Semi like a reasonable place to go after hitting the gym...

Back on topic, weight is less of a concern on a bike that in it's lightest form is 540 lbs (30 lbs is less than 6% of the bikes weight, even more like 4% with the rider). An aftermarket 4-2 exhaust is probably similar in weight to the 2013 factory exhaust. Coupled with loosing 10 lbs of centerstand, you'll drop weight on a 2013. There is also the Tadao Two Tails exhaust that allows you to retain the center stand unlike other 4-2 systems.

I think it comes down to looks and possibly sound when changing systems. Performance gains are nice, but not something I counted on when I installed my Staintune slip on. I wanted a smaller muffler and deeper sound. I got it and it feels more responsive.
The Round Rock donuts are oval, so they're only symmetrical in north/south or east/west orientation. Hmmm, I'm just 5 minutes from that place right now. Semi like a reasonable place to go after hitting the gym...

Back on topic, weight is less of a concern on a bike that in it's lightest form is 540 lbs (30 lbs is less than 6% of the bikes weight, even more like 4% with the rider). An aftermarket 4-2 exhaust is probably similar in weight to the 2013 factory exhaust. Coupled with loosing 10 lbs of centerstand, you'll drop weight on a 2013. There is also the Tadao Two Tails exhaust that allows you to retain the center stand unlike other 4-2 systems.

I think it comes down to looks and possibly sound when changing systems. Performance gains are nice, but not something I counted on when I installed my Staintune slip on. I wanted a smaller muffler and deeper sound. I got it and it feels more responsive.
Actually, many people make that reasonable but faulty assumption, but the truth is that each pound saved is equal to six dougnuts which is equal calorie wise to 1.25 horsepower. I know that's right.
 
Thread starter
NightRider_imp said:
Rebel73_imp said:
Well, I understand the weight argument, but if performance was my primary goal, I'd be looking at a different kind of bike altogether. I saw some bad-azz black duals online so I may just buy a '13 and slap those on.

24832c84e4d7a2db97ac3d9622a830ce.jpg
"Mr. Symmetry" didn't tell you? What a surprise, well it seems less weight = more performance and so the one piper is also faster even carrying a monster dounut. It's true. So, what's your next argument...you like symmetry? Okay, but I'd rather have the dounut.
"Mr. Symmetry" didn't tell you? What a surprise, well it seems less weight = more performance and so the one piper is also faster even carrying a monster dounut. It's true. So, what's your next argument...you like symmetry? Okay, but I'd rather have the dounut.
Yah, I know less weight equals more performance. I'm not arguing that point. I'm just saying different riders have different goals.
 
It does look good (the bike but the doughnuts too...) but I'm not losing my center stand for anything. Including doughnuts :)
 
Mr symmetry did say that less weight is better. Mr symmetry also said on THIS bike it doesn't mean a hill of beans (or doughnuts if you prefer)

Shave all the weight you want off this bike, add the best pipe you can buy. have it reflashed and power commandered, skip breakfast, don't wear any underwear and you still won't outrun a decent rider on a 600 supersport. That's all I'm saying.

rebel you might like this thread and all the lightheartedness container herein:

Symmetry
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Mr symmetry did say that less weight is better. Mr symmetry also said on THIS bike it doesn't mean a hill of beans (or doughnuts if you prefer)

Shave all the weight you want off this bike, add the best pipe you can buy. have it reflashed and power commandered, skip breakfast, don't wear any underwear and you still won't outrun a decent rider on a 600 supersport. That's all I'm saying.

rebel you might like this thread and all the lightheartedness container herein:

Symmetry
Exactly.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
It does look good (the bike but the doughnuts too...) but I'm not losing my center stand for anything. Including doughnuts :)
Me too. Every set of pipes I might want wants me to loose my center stand and that ain't happening.
The ferret_imp said:
Mr symmetry did say that less weight is better. Mr symmetry also said on THIS bike it doesn't mean a hill of beans (or doughnuts if you prefer)

Shave all the weight you want off this bike, add the best pipe you can buy. have it reflashed and power commandered, skip breakfast, don't wear any underwear and you still won't outrun a decent rider on a 600 supersport. That's all I'm saying.

rebel you might like this thread and all the lightheartedness container herein:

Symmetry
I think underwear is way off the subject. Besides, we are not talking about being faster than a 600 supersuport but the fastest 1100 in reality and the lightest CB1100 is a great place to start, add better pipes, power command this and that, lose the doughnut and viola, I speak French all of the sudden and you have a faster CB1100.
 
This suggestion might be dumb but that's okay. You could start out with the black standard 14, which has the smaller and some say more elegant fuel tank, I actually said that, and is lighter for it and the lose of some extra electronic nonsense found on the old man delux model, then lose the single pipe, sell it to me cheap, and have the Dealer order you the dual chrome pipe and silencers as replacement parts from Honda or those black sexy ones above for a small fortune and you have the lightest and one of the highest performing CB1100s in this part of the universe.
 
I put a power box two tails on and really like it, just a little more noise and still have my center stand. Bike runs good with no pcv.Stock air filter still in bike.
 
rusty1_imp said:
I put a power box two tails on and really like it, just a little more noise and still have my center stand. Bike runs good with no pcv.Stock air filter still in bike.
Rusty - show us a picture of your bike! Not many two tails running out there - symmetry with little or no weight gain.
 
Sounds like we have a subset culture here where they want to hot rod the CB1100, not so much as to have her run with the big boys (or our examples, the fast little fart 600's); not unlike the guys that hot rod their old Lincolns.

And make her look more badder in the process.

I'm all for keeping her in the Buick phase myself as my hot rod is the Griso and my Mad Max bike is the 650L. The CB fits the boulevard cruiser niche rather well, and the Sunday rider niche too.

So I'm gonna say, go with dual performance pipes and damn the logic.
 
Thread starter
rusty1_imp said:
I put a power box two tails on and really like it, just a little more noise and still have my center stand. Bike runs good with no pcv.Stock air filter still in bike.
Yah,

I wanna see! Pics, please!
 
OK. I have to ask. Keeping with the subject of aftermarket duels, why is losing your center stand such a horrific thought?
 
or plugging a flat and re-inflating out on the road
 
rusty1_imp said:
I put a power box two tails on and really like it, just a little more noise and still have my center stand. Bike runs good with no pcv.Stock air filter still in bike.
Rebel73_imp said:
rusty1_imp said:
I put a power box two tails on and really like it, just a little more noise and still have my center stand. Bike runs good with no pcv.Stock air filter still in bike.
Yah,

I wanna see! Pics, please!
Videos from Tadao, who makes it. Comes in two tail, and single tail. Both keep the center stand, and have the power box underneath, to maintain torque.




 
O I just love the sound of the two tails, [not to loud] and for the weight lost. Much lighter than the stock single, and you keep oem side stand toooo. You will reallllyyy like these mufflers. I will send some pic's in a little bit, it is all over my basement right now. I guess I am hot rodding my Lincoln! Just in the middle of installing trs air box funnel & intake kit, pcv with auto tune, arrow header, hyper shocks rear and front springs, super brace. I will dyno it when the snow go's away.
For the center stand, it's really hard to get rid of a real use full tool. I have been riding Honda motorcycles and some Yamaha's since I was 4 years old. {1962} Most had center stands and the bikes I had with out one are a pain it the a------s! It's like throwing your Snap on socket set out.
 
To me, there is not a sweeter or more sexy sound than an inline four "on the pipe" either under full load
or just at idle. That sound has always excited my senses in the same way (I'm assuming) that a crack or
opium addict gets their "motor running".
Hence my username.
Man, that dual TADOU is audio sex.
 
Back
Top