Single side dual pipe for CB ?

Rebel73_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Hey guys,

does any company make a dual side exhaust for the CB1100? I really love that look.

Oh, and just to be clear, I mean one pipe on each side.
 
Every bike has its' good side and they put the pipe on that side so you know that is the side to take the picture.

:angel:
 
Rebel73_imp said:
Hey guys,

does any company make a dual side exhaust for the CB1100? I really love that look.

Oh, and just to be clear, I mean one pipe on each side.
Just so we are clear, you mean top side and bottom side or front/back?

I think having one pipe facing forward and one backwards would really make the the CB much more symmetrical. :banana:

Since you are new, you may not have come across the thread about symmetry. Seems a lot of folks really like their single pipe bikes and defend their lack of mufflers against the dual exhaust crowd.

Their are a few aftermarket options. Check our samurider.com
 
Come on guys he's new. (but it sounds like he has good taste lol)

The 13s and 14 stds come with a pipe only on the right side.

The 14 Dlx comes with a pipe on each side.... Symmetrical ( ahhhh)

You can buy aftermarket dual pipes for the 13s and 14 stds from Samurider in Japan, but I think you lose your centerstand. They are also pretty pricey.

Member dUh has one on his bike. I forget the mfgs name, but I know they are titanium.

One member installed the 14 dlx pipes on his standard, but it required some fabrication.
 
Any time you add weight you penalize the bike, and vice versa, it helps anytime you reduce weight. On a CB 1100 you have to ask to what end? Will another ten pounds ether way make a real world difference?

If you gained 3 or 4 hp with an aftermarket 4 into 1 pipe is it worth $200-$300 per HP going from 86 hp to 89 hp? Or 84 to 88 hp depending on individual CB and individual exhaust system. ( not all CBs make the same HP stock, and not all aftermarket exhaust actually produce a gain, or the same gain in HP)

If you have to add a $400 power commander to optimize your 3 or 4 hp gain, is making each of those horsepower gains worth another C note?

To some people it is, and it's not up to me to decide if it is or not. My view is as long as you can justify it to yourself, do what you like to your bike, but no one can make that justification or decision other than the guy opening the wallet.
 
Thread starter
Ok, regarding the symmetry issue. Yes, I have a thing for symmetry. I like the way a bike looks from the rear with a pipe on each side. It's just a personal preference thing. Didn't know it was such a hot-button issue. Lol.
 
Well Rebel, just get the '14 Deluxe. Done. ;)
 
buy a length of PVC pipe, wrap it in duct tape, and zip-tie it to the left side of your bike. Quasi-symmetry at a fraction of the cost!
 
What some call "symmetry" I call overweight. The CB1100 model with one pipe is actually 30 lbs lighter. Big difference, 30 lbs on me is a big difference which means I can gain 30 lbs eating Krispy Kremes and still weight the same as me on a Delux model eating cardboard. Try losing 30 lbs on you or your bike and you'll know that's right.
 
NightRider_imp said:
What some call "symmetry" I call overweight. The CB1100 model with one pipe is actually 30 lbs lighter. Big difference, 30 lbs on me is a big difference which means I can gain 30 lbs eating Krispy Kremes and still weight the same as me on a Delux model eating cardboard. Try losing 30 lbs on you or your bike and you'll know that's right.
You just made me feel a lot better about me gaining 30 lbs. I like donuts, but Krispy Kreme ain't got nothin' on these:

 
Thread starter
Well, I understand the weight argument, but if performance was my primary goal, I'd be looking at a different kind of bike altogether. I saw some bad-azz black duals online so I may just buy a '13 and slap those on.

24832c84e4d7a2db97ac3d9622a830ce.jpg
 
LOVE how this has turned into a doughnut conversation! LOL

(BTW they are the most symmetrical of all the breakfast pastries)
 
Back
Top