Sights And Sound - My First Mods

B166er_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Nothing too exotic. Certainly nothing ground breaking or new but I LOVE what I have done today.

So.... I'm not into chrome and I don't want to ruin anything. I always have several cans of black Plastidip in the "garagemahal". Easy to coat. Easy to clean and it peels right off when its time for a change. AND!!!! It keeps factory chrome/paint completely preserved.

c6928bfc46e64ec8471064b06a298596.jpg


Headlight bezel and front fender.
a58ec911e45a8bfaf8575cdbaea0c945.jpg


And I have to say, I REALLY love this $260 investment. Yoshimura Stainless slipon. Took me all of 30 minutes to install. The hardest part was installing the little bracket that comes with. I didn't bother with the silencer. I like noise.

78c9c06db47aa71aef7d5445cfc05fda.jpg


0-35mph is soooooo much more fun now. I love the gurgle. I love the idle and I just think it looks and sounds great. I would like to fashion a very functional, yet very raw heat shield. Something rusty and perforated.

All together now.
4c56e3dab5a68abd8326b2e3530e44cb.jpg


IG profile = "Bigh3d"
 
The plastic dip..is it a dip, or a spray? Must be a spray..how would you dip a whole fender? Would have to have a bathtub of the stuff. :huh:
 
Thread starter
Ferret, it used to only come in pop top cans for dipping. Used to be marketed to garage and tool junkies who needed new rubber coatings on their tool handles and what not.

They now sell 3 or 4 gallon kits, with electric sprayer for spraying whole cars.

My CB will get additional treatment soon. :)

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Hiker, I'll see if I can get my son's GoPro and mount towards the exhaust. That would be fun.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
 
Thats how I thought I remembered it. Small cans looked like tennis ball cans, for dipping the handles of pliers and screw drivers and the like. Never seen it in an aerosol.

How difficult is it to peel off? And you can wash the bike with it on? ( but not high pressure hose, right?)
 
Thread starter
Peels off very easy and withstands spraying. A badly damaged spot may start to peel if repeatedly sprayed but it's pretty darn resilient.

I'm pretty certain I'll be spraying two cars in the near future too.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
In different colors too.... imagine, sea foam green pearl "rubber end thingys"

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
 
B166er_imp said:
Nothing too exotic. Certainly nothing ground breaking or new but I LOVE what I have done today.

So.... I'm not into chrome and I don't want to ruin anything. I always have several cans of black Plastidip in the "garagemahal". Easy to coat. Easy to clean and it peels right off when its time for a change. AND!!!! It keeps factory chrome/paint completely preserved.

c6928bfc46e64ec8471064b06a298596.jpg


Headlight bezel and front fender.
a58ec911e45a8bfaf8575cdbaea0c945.jpg


And I have to say, I REALLY love this $260 investment. Yoshimura Stainless slipon. Took me all of 30 minutes to install. The hardest part was installing the little bracket that comes with. I didn't bother with the silencer. I like noise.

78c9c06db47aa71aef7d5445cfc05fda.jpg


0-35mph is soooooo much more fun now. I love the gurgle. I love the idle and I just think it looks and sounds great. I would like to fashion a very functional, yet very raw heat shield. Something rusty and perforated.

All together now.
4c56e3dab5a68abd8326b2e3530e44cb.jpg


IG profile = "Bigh3d"
An inquisitive CB watches from the drive as her parts are lovingly styled by an adoring master ...
Plasti-dip and vinyl wrap. Non-destructive color and texture changes. Yay!

Chrome vinyl wrap on a motorcycle (Pinterest)
 
Thread starter
I'm think those will be black and stay black. I'm guessing tank, fenders and fairing will be a matching color.
 
Thread starter
As she looks now:

b5149a111e6e7d9e9d60613ec6da6e44.jpg


Blockhead_imp said:
B166er,

The bike is looking good....where did you buy the Yoshi exhaust?
The slip on I bought off ebay. 260 bucks shipped. Need a store name?

And thank you!
 
Back
Top