Side plate bolt

Sonnyboy_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hello,
I just had a side plate cover bolt fall out. Can anyone suggest the best place to order a replacement? Both places I checked out had $10 shipping for a $3 bolt.
Thanks!
 
Why not just go to the dealer for that?
 
If you want to save the $10 shipping, tell me the part number and I'll buy one at the dealer this weekend and drop it in the mail to you.
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
If you want to save the $10 shipping, tell me the part number and I'll buy one at the dealer this weekend and drop it in the mail to you.
Yeah, I'm cheap. I know it.
 
what is a side plate bolt?

Are you close to ANY dealers? It will be a metric bolt. Even hardware stores carry a lot of metric screws and bolts these days.
 
The ferret_imp said:
what is a side plate bolt?

Are you close to ANY dealers? It will be a metric bolt. Even hardware stores carry a lot of metric screws and bolts these days.
I was wondering that too.
A temporary hardware bolt will do until you can get a Honda bolt and nobody will know the difference except you.
 
Sonnyboy_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
If you want to save the $10 shipping, tell me the part number and I'll buy one at the dealer this weekend and drop it in the mail to you.
Yeah, I'm cheap. I know it.
Yeah, I'm cheap. I know it. My offer is legitimate. Happy to help.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
what is a side plate bolt?

Are you close to ANY dealers? It will be a metric bolt. Even hardware stores carry a lot of metric screws and bolts these days.
Holds the cb1100 badge, plastic cover, not really a plate. I ordered it from a dealer. 6 mm screw with shoulder.
 
Thread starter
Rocky_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
what is a side plate bolt?

Are you close to ANY dealers? It will be a metric bolt. Even hardware stores carry a lot of metric screws and bolts these days.
I was wondering that too.
A temporary hardware bolt will do until you can get a Honda bolt and nobody will know the difference except you.
I was wondering that too.
A temporary hardware bolt will do until you can get a Honda bolt and nobody will know the difference except you.
I did use a temporary bolt with a rubber washer to hold it. Honda part has been ordered. Just have to have it just right or it nags me!
 
Sonnyboy_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
what is a side plate bolt?

Are you close to ANY dealers? It will be a metric bolt. Even hardware stores carry a lot of metric screws and bolts these days.
I was wondering that too.
A temporary hardware bolt will do until you can get a Honda bolt and nobody will know the difference except you.
I was wondering that too.
A temporary hardware bolt will do until you can get a Honda bolt and nobody will know the difference except you.
I did use a temporary bolt with a rubber washer to hold it. Honda part has been ordered. Just have to have it just right or it nags me!
I was wondering that too.
A temporary hardware bolt will do until you can get a Honda bolt and nobody will know the difference except you.
I did use a temporary bolt with a rubber washer to hold it. Honda part has been ordered. Just have to have it just right or it nags me! I hear you. I'm the same way. Can't wait to get the correct part in place :P
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
Sonnyboy_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
If you want to save the $10 shipping, tell me the part number and I'll buy one at the dealer this weekend and drop it in the mail to you.
Yeah, I'm cheap. I know it.
Yeah, I'm cheap. I know it. My offer is legitimate. Happy to help.
Yeah, I'm cheap. I know it. My offer is legitimate. Happy to help.
Just saw this. Thanks LoneRanger. I appreciate the offer, though I did order from a dealer...came to 4 and change...
 
Back
Top