Side kickstand question

Darrell_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I’m installing a heel/toe shifter (because I have left drop foot). To make it fit I need to cut off this metal loop. Does anyone know what its purpose is?
 
So you can kick the side stand out otherwise its up tight against the bottom of the bike
 
I use it to engage bike’s side stand without looking at it while on my bike, don’t think there’s any other purpose..?
 
Yeah, it’s what Ferret said.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
So you can kick the side stand out otherwise its up tight against the bottom of the bike
:thanks:
Karidis_imp said:
Can you heat it and bend it back (down) to gain clearance?
:thanks:
Good idea, I’ll give that a try before I cut it off
 
I think if you can line it up to sit underneath the shifter pivot you might get it to work.
 
Back
Top