Sick of tailbags breaking

holy666diver_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Alright I've had it with these motorcycle tail bags. My bag which is less that a year old ripped where the zippers are stitched. $80-$300 for nylon bags, zippers and straps just gets expensive after buying a lot of them lol. I've owned quite a few and without fail at the one year mark, just from daily use... something breaks. I've owned mustang bags (went through 3 of them) Sedeci, Built, Motocentric, kuryakyn you name it. I have spent waaayyy to much money on these. Even my warranty replacements break. It's always the zippers to go first too. I will no longer be giving my money to motorcycle specific bags. Instead I am going to buy tactical bags :)

I saw builtwell created this bag here: https://www.biltwellinc.com/p326/buy/helmets-amp-gear/luggage/exfil-7/-exfil-7-bag-black/

But $69??? It's literally an ammo bag with leather straps.

And that got me thinking. Deployment bags are cheap and they are practically the same thing with mounting points on every side of the bag. So I went to my local Army-Navy store and fount his wonderful bag: https://www.voodootactical.net/moll...ged-voodoo-tactical-molle-deployment-bag.html

$30 bucks! Now that sounds right! and these zippers are double stitched military grade!! It also has Molle webbing on every side to mounting it will be a breeze. They also make various sizes and have lifetime warranty.

I'll post pics after I attach it.
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
Cortech bags are much better than Biltbad !
I have two Kriega's and they are also very good.
I know there are some good ones out there but like i said in my post I am on a budget after buying 5 failed tail bags hahaha. Going to try this Voodoo bag out. Biltwell is actually a block form my office. They seem like nice people but only cater to harleys.
 
Thread starter
f503e45828d95e6796288c8927ebe6e5.jpg

875d0d830d9b27ed6443a87329a5ff6e.jpg
 
I just went with hard luggage. My $70 Emgo top box has lasted 3 years without fail or a leak. It is big enough to store a full face helmet and pops off in 2 seconds.
 
holy666diver_imp said:
Can you clarify how you have that attached to the rack exactly? I've been looking for an excuse to get a rear rack and I really like how yours looks with that bag, this might push me over the edge. Is the bag easily removable?
 
Thread starter
olekzap_imp said:
holy666diver_imp said:
Can you clarify how you have that attached to the rack exactly? I've been looking for an excuse to get a rear rack and I really like how yours looks with that bag, this might push me over the edge. Is the bag easily removable?
Can you clarify how you have that attached to the rack exactly? I've been looking for an excuse to get a rear rack and I really like how yours looks with that bag, this might push me over the edge. Is the bag easily removable?

I has 4 molle attachments on the back and I have one buckle strap holding it down too. Was really easy. There is webbing on every side so attaching it is super easy. I have it on its side.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I own that Voodoo tactical bag. It's basically a fanny pack but they don't call it that. I've had it about 5 years now with no issues. I use it as an everyday carry bag, although every day I keep adding stuff so it now rides inside a larger tool bag. Lol The end pockets are large enough to fit a soda can in and it is advertised that way. It's a reliable bag. It is completely soft though so it will collapse when empty. There are no wires in the piping or zipper areas, no hard solid surfaces. The fabric material itself is durable. I have no wear through spots or tears. I have not used mine on the bike.
 
This portable bag I'm using from sw motech brand don't have zippers, but a roll top and its waterproof
$65...


I use the grab rails to loop the 4 retainer straps w. Snap buckles. To remove bag, unsnap the buckles.


I don't use mine everyday, so it's held up nicely for 2 yrs now, but if it doesn't hold up,
I'll give the tactical bag a try. That's a good price.
 
I have a Saddleman. Can't remember the exact model, as they don't make it anymore, but it is very similar to this...

Saddlemen TS1620S Tunnel Tail Bag | Motorcycle Tunnel Bag

It's very well built, fits my CB perfectly, and was fairly cheap (I think around $150). It's got lots of dedicated tie down points, a water-resistant cover (would probably get wet in serious rain, but I don't ride in serious rain, so it isn't an issue. It's somewhat expandable. I have had it for years and it still looks new.

Also, recommend bags from Kreiga (super expensive, but awesome) and SW Motech (low tech but effective, and cheap!) too.
 
holy666diver_imp said:
We should change this thread to share your tail bags. i didn't realize so many of us use them!

thread hijack in progress, i bought a Pack Animal bag setup from kickstarter, flippin love it. Theyve changed the original design amd its deffinitely a premium bag ($400?) but i dont leave home without it.

made in USA too: Bags

sorry for potato


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top