SHOWING MORE OF WHERE I'M FROM

LYN87_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I'm from Page AZ right next to Lake Powell. Small town in the middle of the Arizona desert. haha Its fun many roads to take on my way to work. For now the video shows in town. When it gets warmer here I will be posting more videos around Arizona. Roads and routes it take on the weekends. Hope you enjoy the video. :celebrate:
 
Thanks for posting.. Be safe riding...
 
Yea I like that view a lot more, could be even a touch higher imo, but at least we can see what a little bit of the area looks like now.

Thanks for posting, can't wait until you can get out in the countryside some.
 
Much better view, Lyn87.
 
Thread starter
4 Paws_imp said:
Visited a while back, niece used to live there. Great riding area.
awesome :thumbsup: did you get to see much of the town?
The ferret_imp said:
Yea I like that view a lot more, could be even a touch higher imo, but at least we can see what a little bit of the area looks like now.

Thanks for posting, can't wait until you can get out in the countryside some.
Can do. :D Yeah I can't wait to get out on my bike more this summer. I have pictures from my ride around Lake Powell. Took me about 14 hours in one day to ride with some friends but that was on my blue Fury.
Cormanus_imp said:
Much better view, Lyn87.
Thank you.
 
I was wondering why this modern town popped up in the middle of the desert. But the earth view of Google Maps shows the dam and lake.

I had a friend Scott Merritt move to Arizona in the 70s. All the bikers here hated to see him go because he ran a machine shop that specialized in customizing motorcycles. Apparently his father managed a marina on a man made lake in Arizona and invited Scotty to join him. Scotty bought an old yellow school bus, gutted the interior, and moved all his shop machinery south. He must have liked it, because we never heard from him since.
 
Thread starter
Nortoon_imp said:
I was wondering why this modern town popped up in the middle of the desert. But the earth view of Google Maps shows the dam and lake.

I had a friend Scott Merritt move to Arizona in the 70s. All the bikers here hated to see him go because he ran a machine shop that specialized in customizing motorcycles. Apparently his father managed a marina on a man made lake in Arizona and invited Scotty to join him. Scotty bought an old yellow school bus, gutted the interior, and moved all his shop machinery south. He must have liked it, because we never heard from him since.
The dam brought in a lot of work and so did the power plant. Now lake Powell is a place people come from around the world to see. Its a small town with to many hotels and motels. HAHA The lake also brings a lot of business to Page AZ. Scott Merritt can't say I know him but again I'm only 29.
 
I hear ya! Scotty would be in his late 60s now.

I remember the day his family moved in down the street. There was his late model black and white Royal Enfield parked on the lawn. When I rang the doorbell a beautiful girl (his sister) answered the door. When I mentioned her to Scotty he chuckled and told me she already had a boy friend. He and I were close friends from then until he left for warmer climes.
 
It's a bit of a ride to Lake Havasu in AZ where London Bridge, which was designed by one of my ancestors, was relocated in the 1960s.
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
It's a bit of a ride to Lake Havasu in AZ where London Bridge, which was designed by one of my ancestors, was relocated in the 1960s.
Nice yeah Lake Havasu is a bit of a ride from here. haha
Nortoon_imp said:
I hear ya! Scotty would be in his late 60s now.

I remember the day his family moved in down the street. There was his late model black and white Royal Enfield parked on the lawn. When I rang the doorbell a beautiful girl (his sister) answered the door. When I mentioned her to Scotty he chuckled and told me she already had a boy friend. He and I were close friends from then until he left for warmer climes.
haha awesome. Yeah I grow up here now work at a Honda store. Get to see lots of people traveling on there bikes.
 
Back
Top