Should I be offended or laugh?

Tev62

Road warrior
Thread starter
I happened across this on a Triumph forum................

With a foot in both camps I don't know what to do? Ah sod it, I'll laugh!

 
GoldOxide_imp said:
I like Triumphs. Brand has soul. In my case regarding Honda and Triumph, I have always felt neutral between the two.
To be honest, I wasn't that interested in Triumphs until they came out with the Bonneville model.
A riding buddy bought one back around 2003, and the more I rode with him, the more it grew on me and soon I knew I had to have one.
I dilly dallied for a couple of years and then in 2006 I made the leap and have never regretted it for a second.
My 2006 is an "old bike" now, but it never fails and runs like the wind.
 
You'd have to have a high tolerance for pain to pull that off
 
I've owned two Triumphs, a Bonneville and a Tiger 1050, great bikes but I never developed an inclination to shun Honda riders. Sure it was meant in jest.
 
Tev62_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
This is the painting of Van Gogh's sister....
Jeez, I didn't know she had such a downer on Hondas?
Jeez, I didn't know she had such a downer on Hondas?
That painting got lost during the second world war and than suddenly it was found on the Triumph Forum ....
 
The ferret_imp said:
You'd have to have a high tolerance for pain to pull that off
Don't you mean, "You'd have to have a high tolerance for pain to cut that off"? :D

It's an awful picture no matter the caption.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
You'd have to have a high tolerance for pain to pull that off
Don't you mean, "You'd have to have a high tolerance for pain to cut that off"? :D

It's an awful picture no matter the caption.
Don't you mean, "You'd have to have a high tolerance for pain to cut that off"? ":D"

It's an awful picture no matter the caption.
She looks intrigued at what she accomplished, or, ... she is wondering if she should had sterilized the blade prior to the procedure. Nevertheless, she appears to be in some sort of zen state, or maybe wondering what to cut next.
 
Ride with 'Norman' always rides a Triumph.

I don't know if he likes it or that's the sponsor of the show?
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
Ride with 'Norman' always rides a Triumph.

I don't know if he likes it or that's the sponsor of the show?
I think they must be a sponsor. I do believe he would be better served if he got a shampoo company to sponsor him. (God, I'm getting old and grumpy. Now, get off my lawn!)
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
offroadfx4_imp said:
Ride with 'Norman' always rides a Triumph.

I don't know if he likes it or that's the sponsor of the show?
I think they must be a sponsor. I do believe he would be better served if he got a shampoo company to sponsor him. (God, I'm getting old and grumpy. Now, get off my lawn!)
I think they must be a sponsor. I do believe he would be better served if he got a shampoo company to sponsor him. (God, I'm getting old and grumpy. Now, get off my lawn!)
LMAO, he does have a rather "shaggy" look doesn't he.
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
Ride with 'Norman' always rides a Triumph.

I don't know if he likes it or that's the sponsor of the show?
Norman Reedus is a Triumph guy. He rides a 69' Triumph Chopper on The Walking Dead. Prior to the chopper he rode an apocalyptic Honda Nighthawk on TWD. I've read in interviews that he's a huge motorcycle guy in general but especially loves the Triumph brand.
 
If you have less than 3 wheels, you get a wave from me. I have a strong dislike for Harleys, but I always give them the same courtesy, what really chaps my ass is when they turn up their nose and don't wave back.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
 
Micahgerv_imp said:
If you have less than 3 wheels, you get a wave from me. I have a strong dislike for Harleys, but I always give them the same courtesy, what really chaps my ass is when they turn up their nose and don't wave back.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Seems easy to think that way.

During the first Covid-19 wave, I noticed [statistically] that all HD riders I saw returned the gesture :). Now in 2021, it seems to be the same behaviour as pre-Covid-19 (e.g. 2019). :(

Some may very well not see the hand gesture - as with any other brand of bike (e.g. BMW). :-/

Some of the HD riders are people who are just like "normal" riders, but when they get on that hog, the cult status seems to be overwhelming. Too bad. Weekend Warrior weak minds? So sad.

As for the stereotyped, tattooed painted, leather-vested, SS-bucket head outfitted types: Ah well, they have their interests elsewhere.
 
The "waving" threads are getting almost as popular as the "oil" threads. LOL

I wave at all motorcycles and would do so even if I could ID the make of the bike in time enough to execute such. I always wave at trikes and scooters. I wave at kids if their head turns to look at my bike. I sometimes wave at bicyclists. I always wave at police vehicles wherever I am, and at park district vehicles in my town (I am a park commissioner here).

For me, the joy of the wave is in the giving it. Sure, I like to receive a wave back, but I get a small degree of satisfaction in the notion that I just brightened the other person's day.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
The "waving" threads are getting almost as popular as the "oil" threads. LOL

I wave at all motorcycles and would do so even if I could ID the make of the bike in time enough to execute such. I always wave at trikes and scooters. I wave at kids if their head turns to look at my bike. I sometimes wave at bicyclists. I always wave at police vehicles wherever I am, and at park district vehicles in my town (I am a park commissioner here).

For me, the joy of the wave is in the giving it. Sure, I like to receive a wave back, but I get a small degree of satisfaction in the notion that I just brightened the other person's day.
I do pretty much the same thing
Most HD riders wave back - and sometimes are the first to wave - but I'm not the least bit offended if they don't.
I always give a salute and a nod to those drivers who wait and don't take my right-of-way or cut me off.
The police forces around here aren't heavy-handed and get a salute too.
 
Back
Top