Shorty pipe and center stand

domeular_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hey everyone. I searched through the threads and didn't find an answer to this:
I was looking to install a shorty slip-on pipe but would like to keep my center stand. Does anyone have a solution (other than 'remove the center stand') to keep the center stand from hitting the chain? I've looked on webike, twisted throttle, samurider, etc but haven't found a device/mod/stopper that would restrict the stand from hitting the chain.
 
:hello: Howdy and welcome to the forum.

I seem to recall someone using a Delvic something or other with a little curved connector pipe.

Do a search for Delvic
 
Welcome domeular.
 
Interesting, iamheero. I thought it (the centre stand) was a goner with the Pipemasters' system.
 
Domelar,

Just got done installing a Slip-on exhaust, but before I did, i ran it with an open header just to see what it sounded like...it seems like the pipe you're looking at is going to sound something like that. Pretty savage dude !
 
The Yoshimura RS3 slip-on for the CB1100 requires a separate centerstand bracket.

Have a look at Frulk's post:
Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust Can install and review

You can order the Yosh centerstand bracket separately. This may work for you.

I believe there are differences in the RS3 for 2013 & 2014 CB1100, just something to be aware of.
 
Thread starter
I was able to get the part number for the Yoshimura center stand bracket. Now I just gotta find someone that sells it separately.

12110-SSTP
 
domeular_imp said:
I was able to get the part number for the Yoshimura center stand bracket. Now I just gotta find someone that sells it separately.

12110-SSTP
From Frulk's post: "Once I realized I didn't have the center stand stop from Yoshimura I called their Customer Service department and ordered the required parts for $78."
 
I thought the bracket was overpriced for what it is. However, it will never wear out and if you REALLY need one then cost may become a secondary concern.
 
Thread starter
Fantastic! This is the answer I needed. I agree that the part is overpriced but I love my CB1100 and want to keep the center stand. Thanks again for all your help, everyone!
 
Frulk_imp said:
I thought the bracket was overpriced for what it is. However, it will never wear out and if you REALLY need one then cost may become a secondary concern.
Agreed. If one cannot make it cheaper and as reliable, then the price is right when you love your ride. Imagine what a similar part costs on an Italian bike?
 
domeular_imp said:
Hey everyone. I searched through the threads and didn't find an answer to this:
I was looking to install a shorty slip-on pipe but would like to keep my center stand. Does anyone have a solution (other than 'remove the center stand') to keep the center stand from hitting the chain? I've looked on webike, twisted throttle, samurider, etc but haven't found a device/mod/stopper that would restrict the stand from hitting the chain.
I have found a solution to the center stand problem..I have installed 2 emgo shorties on my 2017 ex .. pictures are worth a thousand words, but now I have to find a way to attach them.. I am new to this forum and don't know my way around..
 
domeular_imp said:
Hey everyone. I searched through the threads and didn't find an answer to this:
I was looking to install a shorty slip-on pipe but would like to keep my center stand. Does anyone have a solution (other than 'remove the center stand') to keep the center stand from hitting the chain? I've looked on webike, twisted throttle, samurider, etc but haven't found a device/mod/stopper that would restrict the stand from hitting the chain.
it is so frustrating, not to be able to send a pic of my mod.. is there someone that could send me an email address, where I could then send the pics to ? then, hopefully relay the pics to the forum ? .. basically, it is a 5" X 1/2 " bolt attached to the centerstand utilizing a 1/2 " continuous thread connector..
 
Back
Top