Short Ride Around SF

cb1100_dude_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Trying my hand at editing GoPro videos that I take every time that I ride (since my accident).

Beautiful weather in SF today. 70 degrees and a bright sun with a slight cooling breeze :D

 
Boy i like this, been there many years ago i sometimes use streetview to entertain myself but it's nothing like a video.
Music is nice too and the level and mix is fine, it would be a little more interesting to have the camera a bit higher so it does not give me the impression of being a toddler sitting on the bike.

What also helps is driving away from the sun as the colors saturate better and the time of day, in NZ the light is very harsh and things like this are more pronounced, like our resident alpine photographer says; the photographer has the day off until 3 in the afternoon when the light is more interesting.

So i appreciate your effort greatly and look forward to more clips, the streetnames and location text is also a good idea since it is such a well known place, thanks and safe riding.
 
Fun video and nicely put together with the editing. At the 2:50 mark it makes me squirm a bit as you go left around the stopped black vehicle. I'm always fearful that a pedestrian is ahead that you can't see and that maybe that's why the vehicle is stopped. Not saying it looked dangerous, just that that situation always makes me hyper alert.
 
cb1100_dude_imp said:
Trying my hand at editing GoPro videos that I take every time that I ride (since my accident).

Beautiful weather in SF today. 70 degrees and a bright sun with a slight cooling breeze :D

looks lovely. Nice video. been many years since I rode/drove around SF. busy out there with traffic and peds and dogs. :biker:
 
Thread starter
Thank you all! I'll convert on the feedback about view angles and safer riding. Appreciate it!
ishouldbuyatacotruck_imp said:
Great video! What’s your GoPro/filming setup?
GoPro Hero 7 and an H1 zoom mic :biker:
Vic_imp said:
cb1100_dude_imp said:
Trying my hand at editing GoPro videos that I take every time that I ride (since my accident).

Beautiful weather in SF today. 70 degrees and a bright sun with a slight cooling breeze :D

looks lovely. Nice video. been many years since I rode/drove around SF. busy out there with traffic and peds and dogs. :biker:
looks lovely. Nice video. been many years since I rode/drove around SF. busy out there with traffic and peds and dogs. :biker:
I rode around 2pm. So post lunch and post/pre rush hour times. Believe it or not it gets much much worse :-/ Sometimes makes me wonder how worth it to ride in the Bay Area on a bike lol.
 
cb1100_dude_imp said:
Trying my hand at editing GoPro videos that I take every time that I ride (since my accident).

Beautiful weather in SF today. 70 degrees and a bright sun with a slight cooling breeze :D

Great video as I was just there 2 weeks ago with my family and yes the weather was fantastic. Little confused about the "bike" in the video?? Don't recognize the fuel tank or the mirrors??
 
Thread starter
gman_imp said:
cb1100_dude_imp said:
Trying my hand at editing GoPro videos that I take every time that I ride (since my accident).

Beautiful weather in SF today. 70 degrees and a bright sun with a slight cooling breeze :D

Great video as I was just there 2 weeks ago with my family and yes the weather was fantastic. Little confused about the "bike" in the video?? Don't recognize the fuel tank or the mirrors??
Great video as I was just there 2 weeks ago with my family and yes the weather was fantastic. Little confused about the "bike" in the video?? Don't recognize the fuel tank or the mirrors??
Its a 2018 CB1100 tank from Samurider. Mirrors are cheap ones from amazon.
 
Man, all those stop signs/lights would drive me crazy.

My wife and I were in San Fran 2 years ago for a wedding so we did the touristy thing while there, (Fisherman's Warf, trolley car ride, drove down Lombard Street etc ) and seems to me traffic was 10X as bad as in your video.

Why the MX bars? Height and bend?
 
Being only 100 miles from SF, it was nice to see the wharf on a bike We hardly ever go there due to the crowds. The people that live there do live fast paced lives. You rode at a good time of day. Show us China Town. The group would like to see that and more of the bike. Nice filming.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Man, all those stop signs/lights would drive me crazy.

My wife and I were in San Fran 2 years ago for a wedding so we did the touristy thing while there, (Fisherman's Warf, trolley car ride, drove down Lombard Street etc ) and seems to me traffic was 10X as bad as in your video.

Why the MX bars? Height and bend?
Rode at 2PM so def before rush hour. It does get pretty bad though.

I'm using MX bars right now bc I get bored with the looks of my bike so I switch it around once in awhile. A plus is the additional functionality of being able to hook stuff on to the extra bar e.g. fuel bottle, tool roll, or GoPro when im wearing 3/4 helmet :D
born2ride_imp said:
Being only 100 miles from SF, it was nice to see the wharf on a bike We hardly ever go there due to the crowds. The people that live there do live fast paced lives. You rode at a good time of day. Show us China Town. The group would like to see that and more of the bike. Nice filming.
I'll do my best to go to more spots in SF. I'm hoping to be able to share the various riding locations here in the Bay Area for other riders wanting to visit. Thanks for taking a peek at the vid!
 
Back
Top