Shop Dogs

Phadreus_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Not sure if this is germane specifically to CB's but I find working on my bike is much more pleasurable with the company provided by my favorite doggy, Misty.

When I drop a tool or worse yet, a Fastener somewhere in the nooks and crannies of the engine, I can get impatient and frustrated. When I start mumbling to myself venting my frustration in the moment, Misty comes over to me and always resets my mood for the better. Some petting, hugging and licking (her not me), and I'm refreshed and ready to work again.

This particular dog was a rescue dog. She's ~3 Years old and belonged to a Puppy Mill where the owners abused her. Local animal authorities removed her from the owners when neighbors reported hearing her barking and crying while the owners were yelling. Misty jumped out of a window on the second story of the building during this and landed on the ground hard dislocating her left front shoulder. When the animal authorities arrived, she had a number of small cuts and contusions. The animal authorities took her and nursed her back to some level of health.

Now we have her, she's been fixed, all shots up-to-date, put 10 lbs back on (you could see her ribs and vertebrae when we got her) and is happy as can be. She's get a nice bath twice a week, special treats with medicine to help her deal with the residual pains from her prior experiences and attention galore. She even has her own kiddy pool out back which she jumps in every day when out playing in the sun.

Anyway, anybody else have dogs that hang out with them in the shop?
 
This is my shop dog “Boop”. She got her name because she will bump you with her nose until you pay attention to her. She also has a severe case of FOMO and follows me wherever I go. She does duck inside if I make loud noises though, but then comes right back out to make sure she doesn’t miss anything interesting. She is a rescue as well and loves to meet new people. If you throw a toy, she is your new best friend and will fetch for hours if you have the stamina to keep up. So far nobody has outlasted her.

f900750418caddbf7c8021f1197aff74.jpg


a8531075c69c8abef14b5a1140f31303.jpg
 
Lovely dogs, fellas. I spend a bit much time away from home to have a dog.
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
A big thank you for saving this beautiful dog .
Hey Houtman, in many ways, she has been as good for us as we have been for her. Amazing what Dogs can do for people in bringing joy to their lives. She's a blessing for us for certain.
Whoops_imp said:
This is my shop dog “Boop”. She got her name because she will bump you with her nose until you pay attention to her. She also has a severe case of FOMO and follows me wherever I go. She does duck inside if I make loud noises though, but then comes right back out to make sure she doesn’t miss anything interesting. She is a rescue as well and loves to meet new people. If you throw a toy, she is your new best friend and will fetch for hours if you have the stamina to keep up. So far nobody has outlasted her.

f900750418caddbf7c8021f1197aff74.jpg


a8531075c69c8abef14b5a1140f31303.jpg
Is she ever beautiful? Wow Whoops, great rescue there my friend. :thumbsup:
Cormanus_imp said:
Lovely dogs, fellas. I spend a bit much time away from home to have a dog.
Hi ya Cormanus,

We too worked so many hours we did not find it possible to have a dog, but since my wife lost work due to COVID last year, she's been home and the company she gained through Misty has helped keep her in chipper mood.
 
I have a cat. Won’t hang out in the garage, but a number of skinks do. Does that count?
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I have a cat. Won’t hang out in the garage, but a number of skinks do. Does that count?
I can only imagine my Cats hanging out in my garage. They would be pushing every tool and part off the shelf onto the floor just to see them fall. :P
 
Since I live in a condo, I don't have a dog, and the cats think monsters live in the garage, so they won't go out there. But, when I'm working on garage projects, any number of neighborhood dogs might wander into the garage to say hello. Plus Toby, a big tabby cat that lives at the other end of the cul-de-sac. He's smart enough to know that if he sits just inside the garage and starts howling, I'll go inside and get him some treats to make him shut up and go on his way. My cats give me a nasty look when I grab their treat jar off of the counter and walk to the garage with it.
 
God bless you Phadreus, you've done a wonderful thing saving this dog. I have owned dogs the last 30+ years of my life, and I can relate to you. One of my dogs was a beautiful German Shepherd stray that I found on the side of the road in a remote area where I was dirt biking , completely infested with more ticks than you could count. My dogs are part of my family, and sometimes my wife accuses me of loving our dog more than I love her!
 
My fave little bike shop has a shop dog, a gray mixed pit pup that will untie your boots if you let him. I pick him up sometimes, he's very friendly, so much that he wants to lick my face all the time, but I don't let that happen. The only critter I let lick my face is the one I've been married to for 45 years.
 
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
My fave little bike shop has a shop dog, a gray mixed pit pup that will untie your boots if you let him. I pick him up sometimes, he's very friendly, so much that he wants to lick my face all the time, but I don't let that happen. The only critter I let lick my face is the one I've been married to for 45 years.
:rofl:
 
My wife doesn't lick my face... but, from time to time, she will lick a napkin, then use it to wipe off whatever mustard, ketchup or other condiment is on my face.
Dang, I guess it is true... you marry a girl that reminds you of Mom...
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Since I live in a condo, I don't have a dog, and the cats think monsters live in the garage, so they won't go out there. But, when I'm working on garage projects, any number of neighborhood dogs might wander into the garage to say hello. Plus Toby, a big tabby cat that lives at the other end of the cul-de-sac. He's smart enough to know that if he sits just inside the garage and starts howling, I'll go inside and get him some treats to make him shut up and go on his way. My cats give me a nasty look when I grab their treat jar off of the counter and walk to the garage with it.
:rofl:
 
Thread starter
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
But those eyes though...so...hypnotic...just gorgeous. :cool:
Dave_imp said:
Ah Thx Dave!

It sure is easy to fall in love with dogs, they are everything we wish we could be as humans as companions...'cept maybe when they eat cat poo out of the yard, that part is disgusting. :dodgy::D
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
My fave little bike shop has a shop dog, a gray mixed pit pup that will untie your boots if you let him. I pick him up sometimes, he's very friendly, so much that he wants to lick my face all the time, but I don't let that happen. The only critter I let lick my face is the one I've been married to for 45 years.
45 Years, good for you CB! We're sneaking up on 32 Years ourselves. Not unlike yourself, I too have had a long list of motorcycles and the wife has supported me having each one. Maybe having a motorcycle is a key to a successful marriage somehow? :blush:
 
I truly believe that riding a motor cycle is good for a marriage , even if the wife does not ride . ( married for 47 years (same wife ! ) )
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
I truly believe that riding a motor cycle is good for a marriage , even if the wife does not ride . ( married for 47 years (same wife ! ) )
47 Years, way-to-go Houtman!

I would guess my wife has ridden behind me in our 31 years together well over 100k miles. Great riding partner for me. She always lets me know when it's too cold, or when it looks like it's going to rain, or when there are too many bugs out...you know, the things that are difficult to tell from the rider position and only perceivable from the passenger position. LOL
 
Phadreus_imp said:
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
But those eyes though...so...hypnotic...just gorgeous. :cool:
Dave_imp said:
Ah Thx Dave!

It sure is easy to fall in love with dogs, they are everything we wish we could be as humans as companions...'cept maybe when they eat cat poo out of the yard, that part is disgusting. :dodgy::D
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
My fave little bike shop has a shop dog, a gray mixed pit pup that will untie your boots if you let him. I pick him up sometimes, he's very friendly, so much that he wants to lick my face all the time, but I don't let that happen. The only critter I let lick my face is the one I've been married to for 45 years.
45 Years, good for you CB! We're sneaking up on 32 Years ourselves. Not unlike yourself, I too have had a long list of motorcycles and the wife has supported me having each one. Maybe having a motorcycle is a key to a successful marriage somehow? :blush:
But those eyes though...so...hypnotic...just gorgeous. :cool:
Dave_imp said:
Ah Thx Dave!

It sure is easy to fall in love with dogs, they are everything we wish we could be as humans as companions...'cept maybe when they eat cat poo out of the yard, that part is disgusting. :dodgy::D
Charlie Bravo_imp said:
My fave little bike shop has a shop dog, a gray mixed pit pup that will untie your boots if you let him. I pick him up sometimes, he's very friendly, so much that he wants to lick my face all the time, but I don't let that happen. The only critter I let lick my face is the one I've been married to for 45 years.
45 Years, good for you CB! We're sneaking up on 32 Years ourselves. Not unlike yourself, I too have had a long list of motorcycles and the wife has supported me having each one. Maybe having a motorcycle is a key to a successful marriage somehow? :blush:
I can believe that! When I come home from a ride, I am in a really good mood, I take an interest in what she's doing (sitting on the couch, searching her laptop for recipes, houses in TX, or on Pinterest) and I make us each a cocktail, and all is right with the world!
 
Back
Top