Shoei NXR

Henrik_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I mentioned a little while back that I was looking at buying a new helmet, and I just got it the other day: a Shoei NXR!

Since perhaps 20 years I have always had Arai helmets. Their shape always fit my head perfectly, and I have always appreciated the quality, look and comfort of their various helmets. The most recent was the RX7 GP Nakano replica, and it has been a favorite now for 6 years. But 6 years is a long time, and I felt I should get something new to go with the CB11.

I went to have a look at the most recent Arai helmets available, but was attracted by the look of the NXR Terminus. It was not the first time I tried a Shoei, but in the past they have never really fit my head. Well, this one felt great! Trying it on in the shop I was pleasantly surprised by how light it felt, and it was really comfortable. So, I bought it!

After riding two days with it, I can say I am really pleased with my purchase. It really feels much lighter than the Arais I have had in the past, and on my first ride I was happy to find that the opening was much bigger than on the Arai. My peripheral vision is much better. It is also very silent even when going fast.

I tried putting on the chin curtain, but ended up removing as I didn't feel any real improvement, and it became a bit of a pain to put on and take off the helmet. The nose guard is perfect though. I do find that the material on the inside is perhaps not as soft as in the Arai, perhaps a bit on the abrasive side. My ears are a bit tender from pulling it on, but I am sure this will work itself out soon.

So, for me, very good purchase! It was also a lot cheaper than another Arai!!



[url=http://s122.photobucket.com/user/henmyr/media/IMG_20150416_183730_zpswsoajsnc.jpg.html]
 
Ah...so why didn't you say it was an RF1200 :-)
I have 2 Shoe helmets love them both, my heads seems to be perfectly medium. ( GT-Air & J-Cruise)
 
Thread starter
HikerToo_imp said:
Ah...so why didn't you say it was an RF1200 :-)
I have 2 Shoe helmets love them both, my heads seems to be perfectly medium. ( GT-Air & J-Cruise)
I suppose because I didn't buy it in the US, and here in Europe it is called an NXR. Had I been in Japan I would have called it a Z-7. I always wondered why they have to apply different model names in different countries.

Incidentally, my bike is a CB1100SA....
 
Back
Top