Shock bolt torque

I can check when I get home, but the top one is like 6 inch pounds. Yes, inch pounds. It will wring off very easily. A couple of members found that out the hard way.

OK, found my shock bolt torque post. Ignore the above, I was wrong.

Here it is:
6.6 ft/lbs upper mounting bolt
Lower is 19 ft/lbs
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I can check when I get home, but the top one is like 6 inch pounds. Yes, inch pounds. It will wring off very easily. A couple of members found that out the hard way.

OK, found my shock bolt torque post. Ignore the above, I was wrong.

Here it is:
6.6 ft/lbs upper mounting bolt
Lower is 19 ft/lbs
Thanks!!
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I can check when I get home, but the top one is like 6 inch pounds. Yes, inch pounds. It will wring off very easily. A couple of members found that out the hard way.

OK, found my shock bolt torque post. Ignore the above, I was wrong.

Here it is:
6.6 ft/lbs upper mounting bolt
Lower is 19 ft/lbs

[ft·lbs] and not [ft/lbs], to be precise (or a bit fussy)
 
:dodgy:

OK, well how do you make a dot like that? My iPad and iPhone will make a dot like that but it is big and bold. And, I don't know how to do it on a PC keyboard either :blush:
 
It is a product of two metrics, so asterisk "*" could do, but looks funky, or many use the hyphen "-", but not interpreted as a negative. The dot is cute and can be interpreted as a product operation.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
:dodgy:

OK, well how do you make a dot like that? My iPad and iPhone will make a dot like that but it is big and bold. And, I don't know how to do it on a PC keyboard either :blush:
Well... on a Spanish PC keyboard it is [shift]+[3], although it's not a symbol used in Spanish language (it is used in Catalan, I reckon), but it's handy writing math expresions or units.


(and now I've learnt it has a name! Middle dot - Wikipedia )
 
https://middot.net/ Shows how to produce the interpunct or middot on a computer keyboard. Can’t find how to do it on iOS.

ft-lbs is acceptable.
 
Funny how when something new appears once it suddenly recurs. Here’s an example of using • as an interpunct.

 
Back
Top