Houtman, while maybe cost is something Honda should consider, I’d have thought the thing they should really be sure of is that a range of tyres that fit the wheels is available.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
In the US, it means order from the dealer who orders through Honda parts. At least that's how it's supposed to work, and I know there are often backorders.Cormanus_imp said:When you say “That exact tire that the bike was designed for will be available from them” does ‘them’ mean the bike manufacturer or the tyre manufacturer? My Honda dealer could not get either of the OEM tyres as replacements when I first tried. Or were they avaialable from the tyre manufacturer.
thanks duck ... I feel confident the tire will stay in place if I get a flat.. my biggest issue now, is fitting that 120/90/18 shinko777 under that front fender and having enough clearance to allow for expansion from centrifugal force and heat.. I will pull my front fender and see if there is any way to fudge on the clearance between the fender and tire.. wish me luck ..pekingduck_imp said:Chuckk, both rims on the 2017 CB1100EX have inner bead lips similar to those on tubeless cast rims that may help retain the tire on the rim. Don't know that they are identical or will function the same, so proceed at your own risk.
thanks G.O. .. I took a brief look at that fender a few days ago .. It may not be too easy to raise it up .. but it would be great if I could find a way..GoldOxide_imp said:Good luck Chuck.
Is there even enough margin to raise it around the top of the lower fork component without going all custom?Chuckk_imp said:thanks G.O. .. I took a brief look at that fender a few days ago .. It may not be too easy to raise it up .. but it would be great if I could find a way..GoldOxide_imp said:Good luck Chuck.
chuckk j.
Is there even enough margin to raise it around the top of the lower fork component without going all custom?GoldOxide_imp said:Is there even enough margin to raise it around the top of the lower fork component without going all custom?Chuckk_imp said:thanks G.O. .. I took a brief look at that fender a few days ago .. It may not be too easy to raise it up .. but it would be great if I could find a way..GoldOxide_imp said:Good luck Chuck.
chuckk j.
Is there even enough margin to raise it around the top of the lower fork component without going all custom?Chuckk_imp said:Is there even enough margin to raise it around the top of the lower fork component without going all custom?GoldOxide_imp said:Is there even enough margin to raise it around the top of the lower fork component without going all custom?Chuckk_imp said:thanks G.O. .. I took a brief look at that fender a few days ago .. It may not be too easy to raise it up .. but it would be great if I could find a way..GoldOxide_imp said:Good luck Chuck.
chuckk j.
let me pull it and see what my little brain can come up with.. haha ..
chuck j.
to be honest, I have never thought about that !! .. I have seen where 150/70/18's and even 160's have been used.. each time I have eyeballed the rear tire for clearance the bike has been on it's center stand .. I am planning on using a Shinko 777 150/70/18 .. has anyone installed a 150/70/18 or wider, without having any center stand issues ? .. chuckk j.redbirds_imp said:The larger rear tire may give you clearance problems with the center stand.



thanks houtman ... pics of my front fender modification will be coming soon.. building 2 small adaptor plates allowed me to raise the front fender on my 2017 1100ex by 1 inch.. this will allow clearance for the Shinko 777 120/90/18 .... the next step will be to convert my spoked rims, allowing me to run tubeless tires without using inner tubes.. chuckk j.Houtman_imp said:Most of my tires are 150/70 and no problem at all

. I am in the middle of it and will send pics if Peter will help me, perhaps tomorrow.. sorry for being so helpless.. chuck j.[/b]Chuckk_imp said:let me pull it and see what my little brain can come up with.. haha ..
chuck j.[/b]

