Thread starter
It may be interesting, but it won’t be fun out there in the garage. :-/
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Cormanus_imp said:Thanks Gecko, m in sc and all. Been distracted with other things, but will get to oil and fluid changes this week. I’ll report back when done and tested.
Gecko, did you see I’d met up with the culinary branch of your family?

Hi Corm, if this description is still correct, and there're no other complaints, ... I would just keep riding and do nothing for now. You can live without Neutral in and out of the garage, on the street, and at the traffic light for sure. When at a longish red light and you don't want to hold the clutch - like at road works - just flip that kill switch (that big red THING under your right thumb) and save gas. Even shifting back into 1st at the stop is hardly needed. The CB1100 launches just fine in 2nd. Fix the problem ONLY when it gets really worse.Cormanus_imp said:So ... my 2011 CB1100 is 13 years old, has more than 150,000 kms on the clock, is still going strong, and I have no complaints. Except, when it's been ridden for a while, and the engine is really hot, and the bike is stationary, it become difficult to shift into neutral from 1st or 2nd. It can also require more effort than when the engine is cooler to shift from 2nd to 1st when stationary. I also think that when this occurs there is the faintest creep forward when the bike is in gear: it can require more effort to push it backwards than when it is in neutral.
Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
On the road again......:biker:Cormanus_imp said:Thanks m in sc and The Gecko. Rebuilding the master and slave cylinders would be a brand new experience for me, but I think I’ll give it a go some time in the not-too-distant future. Can’t hurt, I guess.
Should have said thanks again for all the help on changing fluids. It helped.
That is good, Cormanus.Cormanus_imp said:Thanks m in sc and The Gecko. Rebuilding the master and slave cylinders would be a brand new experience for me, but I think I’ll give it a go some time in the not-too-distant future. Can’t hurt, I guess.
Should have said thanks again for all the help on changing fluids. It helped.