Shifter

G'day Zenz. Welcome to the forum.

I think this is the first I've heard of a heel-toe shifter, but I could be wrong.
 
Cormanus, this isn’t the first time someone has asked but there doesn’t seen to be a source. I checked Samurider and Webike Japan but can only find rearsets.
 
Wrong? Again? Noooooooooooooooooooo!!
 
LOL, I think it was only one person a few years ago. I remember looking on the Japan sites then too.

Considering all the stuff they have for our bikes you would think that someone would have heel/toe shifters by now.
 
I was about to ask why, and then I remembered ... GOUT!

If it weren’t bed time, I’d be off to the workshop.
 
Welcome to the forum, Zenz!

I will measure the shifter shaft on my '17 EX, and on my Moto Guzzi California EV, which has a heel/toe shifter to see if they're compatible.
 
What is diameter and spline count?
 
I've never seen a heel/toe shifter on a bike with foot pegs.....usually used on floor board type foot rests. I don't think that type of shifter would work well with pegs.
 
My dad used to put heel toe shifters on all his bikes as he got older... CB125, CB200, CB350F, Yamaha R5C, and they all had foot pegs and not floor boards. Guess after all his years of riding Indians and Harley's he couldn't get used to pulling up on the shifter with his toe.
 
The ferret_imp said:
My dad used to put heel toe shifters on all his bikes as he got older... CB125, CB200, CB350F, Yamaha R5C, and they all had foot pegs and not floor boards. Guess after all his years of riding Indians and Harley's he couldn't get used to pulling up on the shifter with his toe.
I owned a 2006 Harley King. First thing I did was remove the heel portion of the shifter. Hated it. In fact even though the bike is long gone the shifter still rests in my spares box.
 
I know it has been a year since the last post about heel-toe shifters for a CB1100; but, it is important to me. Has there been any news on a source for gout stricken riders?
 
Troy, others will correct me, but I’ve seen no mention of one on this forum.
 
Troy, no one makes a heel-toe shifter for the CB1100, but it is easy enough to make. I've made them for other bikes before. A piece of 3/16 aluminum (or steel) strap, a couple of bolts, and a piece of rubber hose is all that's needed. Before drilling the hole for the forward bolt, use vise grips to clamp it to the shifter to get approximate angle.
 
Back
Top