She's a flasher

Thread starter
75 views and no comment? I'm surprised.

I have this same kit on my ZRX, and think all bikes should come like this from the factory.

It makes the blinkers into additional tail and brake lights. Still orange lens, but light up red, brake red, blink orange. Looks stock when off.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
75 views and no comment? I'm surprised.

I have this same kit on my ZRX, and think all bikes should come like this from the factory.

It makes the blinkers into additional tail and brake lights. Still orange lens, but light up red, brake red, blink orange. Looks stock when off.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Didn't notice what I was looking at (as I suspect was the case with everyone else).
 
I thought it was normal and was waiting for someone to ask what was different about it so I didn't look goofy (like I normally do)
 
I viewed it. Wasn't sure either what the video was attempting to demonstrate. Do the turn signals blink or flash while the brake light is illuminated? I really can't seem to make out the "functionality" being shown here.

Please explain what we're looking for. Thanks.
 
Thread starter
treytexag_imp said:
I viewed it. Wasn't sure either what the video was attempting to demonstrate. Do the turn signals blink or flash while the brake light is illuminated? I really can't seem to make out the "functionality" being shown here.

Please explain what we're looking for. Thanks.

I know the video wasn't production studio quality, (7-8 year old phone sitting on a box)... but once explained it should be easy to see. As mentioned above, the blinkers are now additional tail and brake lights. Still orange lens, but light up red, brake brighter red, blink orange. Looks stock when off. Your blinkers just blink. You have 1 tail and brake light. This kit makes 3. In theory increasing your safety by 200%.
 
Increasing safety (in theory) by 200% is a rather ambitious statement. But thanks for posting the video and explanation. Any increase in visibility is worthwhile. Good to have another option for people to consider.

I have to admit, I watched the video and didn't see what was being demonstrated either. After I read your explanation, I watched it again and will just accept the fact that it's likely more noticeable in person. From the video quality, I couldn't tell if the blinkers were lighting up when you activated the brakes or whether there was simply reflection being cast from the brake light onto the blinkers.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
75 views and no comment? I'm surprised.

I have this same kit on my ZRX, and think all bikes should come like this from the factory.

It makes the blinkers into additional tail and brake lights. Still orange lens, but light up red, brake red, blink orange. Looks stock when off.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Appears to be a great safety idea as it should increase visibility while braking.

Wondering how does it "light up red" while still blinking orange? Also, is it available as a kit or is it a DIY modification?

Lastly, I was considering a flashing brake light module, and also wondering if this would work in conjunction with a flashing module?

Thank you.
 
Thread starter
It increases visibility during normal driving as increased tail light area as well as when braking.

It is a DIY kit. Here is a write up I did when I put it in my ZRX-

Electrical Connection - Rear turn signal running / brake light conversion installed

Note the new link to the kit at the bottom of that post.

I don't see any reason it wouldn't work with a flashing module.

It is pretty simple- the light rings are red LED, so when they are on the light is cast red. When the blinkers are on, the light rings shut off.

On the ZRX the install was easy. On the CB, it required me to cut the metal support piece inside the blinker that goes from the base to the clip on the side to fit the ring. I can take pics of what I did if anyone is interested. I also coated the back of the light rings with liquid electrical tape since the base inside is metal. There was no need to do any of that on the ZRX.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
It increases visibility during normal driving as increased tail light area as well as when braking.

It is a DIY kit. Here is a write up I did when I put it in my ZRX-

Electrical Connection - Rear turn signal running / brake light conversion installed

Note the new link to the kit at the bottom of that post.

I don't see any reason it wouldn't work with a flashing module.

It is pretty simple- the light rings are red LED, so when they are on the light is cast red. When the blinkers are on, the light rings shut off.

On the ZRX the install was easy. On the CB, it required me to cut the metal support piece inside the blinker that goes from the base to the clip on the side to fit the ring. I can take pics of what I did if anyone is interested. I also coated the back of the light rings with liquid electrical tape since the base inside is metal. There was no need to do any of that on the ZRX.
Yes, I'd be interested in a 'how-to' on this. Also, the link to the supplier of the kit doesn't seem to work from my end. Could easily be a 'me' issue, though.

------- turns out it was a 'me' problem. The link way down at the bottom of the post works
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
It increases visibility during normal driving as increased tail light area as well as when braking.

It is a DIY kit. Here is a write up I did when I put it in my ZRX-

Electrical Connection - Rear turn signal running / brake light conversion installed

Note the new link to the kit at the bottom of that post.

I don't see any reason it wouldn't work with a flashing module.

It is pretty simple- the light rings are red LED, so when they are on the light is cast red. When the blinkers are on, the light rings shut off.

On the ZRX the install was easy. On the CB, it required me to cut the metal support piece inside the blinker that goes from the base to the clip on the side to fit the ring. I can take pics of what I did if anyone is interested. I also coated the back of the light rings with liquid electrical tape since the base inside is metal. There was no need to do any of that on the ZRX.
Thanks for sharing; increasing safety/visibility could help with accident avoidance and/or save your life!

Thanks again!
 
Not a knock to you, Powerdubs. I watched the video and thought, "Great! He passed inspection!" Anyhow, cool work on making the bike better.
 
Back
Top