Jchills_imp
New to the forum
Thread starter
I recently bought a used 2013 CB1100 and ordered a nice Shad topcase. The Shad mounting bracket was reasonably priced so I ordered it from the manufacturer. Well, after a month of waiting and several phone calls I received a message today from the sales rep saying the mounting rack for the CB1100 has been discontinued and it should be removed from the web site.
Guess I will look into other options... Anyone have a Givi or Hepco & Becker rack with a top case? I initially avoided Givi because from the photos it looked like the rack sat too close to the brake light and I thought a top case might then obscure the brake light if someone in a big SUV was driving behind me. Hepco & Becker rack looks like it mounts a few inches taller, possibly making the brake light more visible. Any opinions?
Guess I will look into other options... Anyone have a Givi or Hepco & Becker rack with a top case? I initially avoided Givi because from the photos it looked like the rack sat too close to the brake light and I thought a top case might then obscure the brake light if someone in a big SUV was driving behind me. Hepco & Becker rack looks like it mounts a few inches taller, possibly making the brake light more visible. Any opinions?
