Seth Laam Seat

Mscb1100_imp

Been there
Thread starter
:clap:it finally arrived.
Only had time for a quick 20 mile ride after taking photos to post.
More firm than the stock seat in a good way, Seat is just over 15 inches at widest and pocket is 14 inches nose to pillion.
That allows for about 2 inches of front to rear movement.
Will try for a 4 - 5 hour trip this weekend to test all day comfort.
 
Certainly looks like it would be comfortable. Let us know.
 
quality of workmanship looks high. Would like some 3/4 quarter photos from front to rear for better perspective.
 
Thread starter
Frulk_imp said:
quality of workmanship looks high. Would like some 3/4 quarter photos from front to rear for better perspective.
Ok, will take some more tomorrow and try a digital camera rather than iPhone 8
Top of seat is darker than it looks in photos
jdinaz_imp said:
How does the firmness compare to your Corbin?
Not as firm as Corbin
Seth added a little softer foam layer on top of the firm foam base
 
Mscb1100

That is a good looking seat! My problem with the stock seat is it slopes down and too narrow. Your new seat looks like it there's no problem. :biker:
 
Thread starter
Vic_imp said:
Mscb1100

That is a good looking seat! My problem with the stock seat is it slopes down and too narrow. Your new seat looks like it there's no problem. :biker:
It did
I can still easily reach the ground. Seth had said to be prepared to move forward at stops to clear the wings but I don’t need too.
After a longer ride I ll be able ro better describe the ride/Seat
There is a slight rise in the front sloping up towards the tank and that helps!
I really liked my Corbin, but this one moved me up and back slightly.
I told Seth I won’t ever have a passenger so he did away with the ridge between driver and passenger
 
Have you had a chance to put more time on the seat?

I should be getting mine back from Seth in a week or so. Taken longer than planned but the weather has been lousy anyway. I opted to add an inch to the height since my peg lowering did work out for me.
 
Thread starter
warman_imp said:
Have you had a chance to put more time on the seat?

I should be getting mine back from Seth in a week or so. Taken longer than planned but the weather has been lousy anyway. I opted to add an inch to the height since my peg lowering did work out for me.
Warman
Did you ever get your seat?
Mscb1100
 
Rboe_imp said:
The wings look much wider than mine, maybe it's the lense.

“the camera adds ten pounds”
Mscb1100_imp said:
warman_imp said:
Have you had a chance to put more time on the seat?

I should be getting mine back from Seth in a week or so. Taken longer than planned but the weather has been lousy anyway. I opted to add an inch to the height since my peg lowering did work out for me.
Warman
Did you ever get your seat?
Mscb1100
Warman
Did you ever get your seat?
Mscb1100
Not yet but Seth did call Friday. IIRC he said I’d be getting pictures and a tracking number by today.
 
Thread starter
Frulk_imp said:
MSCB1100. Was that seat built on the stock pan?
yes, snapped right back into place. Much more comfort than stock seat, well worth the money
:clap:
Rboe_imp said:
The wings look much wider than mine, maybe it's the lense.
I measured it and it was 15.5 inches at the widest.
warman_imp said:
Rboe_imp said:
The wings look much wider than mine, maybe it's the lense.

“the camera adds ten pounds”
Mscb1100_imp said:
warman_imp said:
Have you had a chance to put more time on the seat?

I should be getting mine back from Seth in a week or so. Taken longer than planned but the weather has been lousy anyway. I opted to add an inch to the height since my peg lowering did work out for me.
Warman
Did you ever get your seat?
Mscb1100
Warman
Did you ever get your seat?
Mscb1100
Not yet but Seth did call Friday. IIRC he said I’d be getting pictures and a tracking number by today.

“the camera adds ten pounds”
Mscb1100_imp said:
warman_imp said:
Have you had a chance to put more time on the seat?

I should be getting mine back from Seth in a week or so. Taken longer than planned but the weather has been lousy anyway. I opted to add an inch to the height since my peg lowering did work out for me.
Warman
Did you ever get your seat?
Mscb1100
Warman
Did you ever get your seat?
Mscb1100
Not yet but Seth did call Friday. IIRC he said I’d be getting pictures and a tracking number by today.
Warman,

I did back to back 165 mile trips last weekend. Could never have done that on the stock seat.
Both trips were average of 60 mph or less as they were 2 lane roads, so I went from max of 45 minutes on stock seat (before it was uncomfortable) to 2.5 hours with ease.
Rboe_imp said:
The wings look much wider than mine, maybe it's the lense.
In that case I m glad it wasn't taken with me sitting on it. LOL
 
Back
Top