Service Manual for $35

parasonic999_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
I ordered the service manual from the following seller: http://www.sell.com/2G7335

It arrived quickly and was packed superbly (double wrapped inside the shipping envelope). The manual is the manufacturer original and not a printed copy or a scan on optical media. Highly recommended to have on hand.
 
parasonic999_imp said:
I ordered the service manual from the following seller: http://www.sell.com/2G7335

It arrived quickly and was packed superbly (double wrapped inside the shipping envelope). The manual is the manufacturer original and not a printed copy or a scan on optical media. Highly recommended to have on hand.
Wow. I paid almost twice that. :(
 
parasonic999_imp said:
I ordered the service manual from the following seller: http://www.sell.com/2G7335

It arrived quickly and was packed superbly (double wrapped inside the shipping envelope). The manual is the manufacturer original and not a printed copy or a scan on optical media. Highly recommended to have on hand.
Do you think this is the "exact same" manual one would get if they bought from the Honda dealer? Nothing different, content, pictures, paper quality, anything?
 
HikerToo_imp said:
parasonic999_imp said:
I ordered the service manual from the following seller: http://www.sell.com/2G7335

It arrived quickly and was packed superbly (double wrapped inside the shipping envelope). The manual is the manufacturer original and not a printed copy or a scan on optical media. Highly recommended to have on hand.
Do you think this is the "exact same" manual one would get if they bought from the Honda dealer? Nothing different, content, pictures, paper quality, anything?
Do you think this is the "exact same" manual one would get if they bought from the Honda dealer? Nothing different, content, pictures, paper quality, anything? It looks identical to mine. Seven hole punched, correct thickness. Printing quality I can't tell, but the photos and diagrams in my $64 manual are very sharp and clear as you expect on an original document.
 
Thread starter
HikerToo_imp said:
parasonic999_imp said:
I ordered the service manual from the following seller: http://www.sell.com/2G7335

It arrived quickly and was packed superbly (double wrapped inside the shipping envelope). The manual is the manufacturer original and not a printed copy or a scan on optical media. Highly recommended to have on hand.
Do you think this is the "exact same" manual one would get if they bought from the Honda dealer? Nothing different, content, pictures, paper quality, anything?
It seems to be authentic to me (I'd hate to support a pirate). The printing is crisp for both text and images, and none of the pages I've read look rotated or have copier marks. It has the fold-out wiring diagrams printed in color at the back. I don't see anything that leads me to believe that the manual is not an original.

Here are some crappy images from my phone's camera:

9e74617ee0a73f3e22dc7f61b782f610.php

531636e83cc6fb1b060c7754069fe03e.php

6a1ec2c00d481782ef0ef41929d0d0f4.php
 
I just ordered a copy. The last shop manual I owned was for a 1978 GS1000. The CB is becoming a great project bike.
 
Not to be a party pooper, but the image of the cover that parasonic999 posted does not look like the factory manual that I purchased directly from my Honda dealer. On the manual I received, the black print "bleeds" over the edges of the cover (i.e. there is no white border around the outer edges). There also appears to be some sort of "binding device" on the inside edge of the manual in parasonic's photo that is not included with my manual.
 
I had ordered this manual a month ago. Guth is right. If its too good to be true....
The edges on the pages of my manual have some small ink dots that I would not expect on an authentic Honda manual and the quality of the photos varies throughout the manual. Some photos are not as "crisp" as others.
 
silascopathic_imp said:
counterfeit or not, I now have a manual for this bike which is awesome!
Agreed, but had I known for sure first, I would have opted for the genuine article.

But I can't wait to get mine to get started on some of the more adventurous modification.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
silascopathic_imp said:
counterfeit or not, I now have a manual for this bike which is awesome!
Agreed, but had I known for sure first, I would have opted for the genuine article.

But I can't wait to get mine to get started on some of the more adventurous modification.
Yep. Just thought that some folks might want to know.
 
Helminc.com gave me this order summary:
Subtotal: $64.95/ Handling: $30.00/ Shipping: $208.57 (to Russia)
Order Total: $303.52 :rofl:
So i'll go to Sell.com for 50$ with shipping.
Last question about dimension currencies in this manual, i mean are they metric (cm, mm, Nm, ect.) or US measurements (gallons, oz, ect.)??
 
Back
Top