Seriously nothing for the passenger?

jerrysander_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
I'm getting close to a purchase this year and -- like a few others -- can't believe Honda hasn't provided for ANY passenger backrest/pillion/sissy bar. I love the bike, but am also looking at a Triumph Thunderbird, which comes with world-class passenger comfort and lumbar support. Really, honda, NOTHING? We have to construct one for you? Please, please advise, before I have to pass this beautiful bike up. It means a lot to me to have my wife and/or son ride in comfort with me.
 
The back rest is incorporated into the top case.
 
Randy B_imp said:
That's a really good answer.
Like this.
That's a really good answer.
Like this.

New here today, awesome site! Looks like a nice alternative to the true sissy bar. Can you share the specs and maybe a few other photo angles? Really need an option for the MRS and trying not to spend an arm and a leg
 
For some reason Honda USA doesn't list this top case. You would have to get it from Japan.
I don't think that would fit into your "not spending an arm and a leg".
 
Honda doesn't like to sell top cases in the US for some reason. They have sold one for the ST in Europe for years, but not available in the U.S. Most guys here order them from some place called David Silvers in England or something like that.
 
jerrysander_imp said:
I'm getting close to a purchase this year and -- like a few others -- can't believe Honda hasn't provided for ANY passenger backrest/pillion/sissy bar. I love the bike, but am also looking at a Triumph Thunderbird, which comes with world-class passenger comfort and lumbar support. Really, honda, NOTHING? We have to construct one for you? Please, please advise, before I have to pass this beautiful bike up. It means a lot to me to have my wife and/or son ride in comfort with me.
I agree. My wife was a big reason why I was able to trade in a perfectly good bike with factory backrest and buy the CB1100. She needed a backrest to be confortable and to enjoy riding so a backrest was one of my first mods.

Several of us bought the Honda rear carrier and fabricated some simple brackets to mount a sissy bar/backrest. Search the forum for backrests. The job is easier than you might think and it works well, especially if you don't want to go with a top case.

"a happy wife is a happy life"
 
The ferret_imp said:
Honda doesn't like to sell top cases in the US for some reason. They have sold one for the ST in Europe for years, but not available in the U.S. Most guys here order them from some place called David Silvers in England or something like that.
David Silver Spares, he's got a location here in the U.S. now too.

http://www.davidsilverspares.com/
 
That's it. I'm betting if you want the Honda trunk he could get it for you.
 
Back
Top