Sending out positive thoughts

Guth_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Received a note from my good fishing-buddy yesterday. The day before a car plowed into him from behind while he was stopped at a red light on his motorcycle (commuting home). The cars rate of speed was pretty high and I've not received any more info at this point. So I'm just sending out my positive thoughts at this point in time.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Geez hope he is ok Guth. We are so at risk just sitting there at lights. Been tapped myself a few years ago. Luckily it was just a roller and not a runner.

Keep us informed
 
I hope all turns out well for him- full recovery with nothing lasting beyond a weeks discomfort, full coverage of any and ALL bills and losses.

I hope the driver gets everything they deserve- multiple tickets, multiple fines, possible loss of license, etc.. driving isn't brain surgery- pay attention or pay the price..
 
Best wishes to your mate, Guth. A fishing buddy and a fellow motorcyclist is a rare combination.
 
Ugh. I hope all goes well for him.
 
Wow. Hope your pal makes a full recovery. I am so paranoid at lights. I keep it in first, eyes in the rearview and try to leave myself an escape route. Still hard to avoid a doofus who's not paying attention. And they're everywhere.
 
Thread starter
Finally got a brief update. Sounds like my buddy is doing better than I was expecting given the circumstances. I should find out more soon. Thanks everyone for sharing all of the positive energy.
 
Thread starter
I got to visit with my friend tonight. He's doing incredibly well. He was hit by a car containing three teenage girls. The girl driving was apparently distracted by some kids who were at the intersection waving signs for a fundraiser carwash they were putting on (adamant that she was not using a cell phone in any way). There happened to be a guy at the scene who owned a local cycle dealership who was being helpful in any way he could — he informed the paramedics about the the emergency release padding in my friends Shoei helmet. Amazingly my friend escaped with only bruising and a bit of road rash — no broken bones. Not sure what kind of issues might reveal themselves with time, but for now there is plenty to be grateful for.
 
That's great news for you and your friend, Guth. Particularly your friend, I guess. Let's hope the recovery continues smoothly.
 
Back
Top