Self canceling turn signals

Obleo

Been there
Thread starter
Has anyone tried the STS self canceling turn signal system on their CB 1100 ? I am curious . The reviews sound good , but would like to here from a CB owner first hand .
 
I don't believe I have read of anyone trying that, but am interested in hearing as well.
 
Looks interesting. However, I am not a big fan of cutting into the wiring harness or using crimp connectors. I would use the connectors with solder and the sealing glue that require a heat gun. Far more waterproof.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
 
If one does use crimps, I recommend using the marine type that have a glue that seals when heated with a heat gun. Also known as environmental splices in my work world.
 
Thread starter
I am used to them on my road king, but sometimes forget on the cb. Not nit picking but if old school Harley can do it seems the more advanced Japanese bikes would come standard with them.
 
I've always wondered about that. I remember when self cancelling signals began to get popular back in the 80s. It seemed like one of those features (like ABS at the time) that would become widespread in the motorcycle world. I still haven't owned a bike that had them.
 
My BMW R1200R has them and they are a pain. Around town they seem to either stay on too long or not long enough. There is a cancel button on the right grip, but for me it was difficult to reach. I purchased a Wunderlich turn signal cancel lever so I could turn the dang things off.

They work OK when changing lanes on the freeway.
 
My '04 Harley has them... and they're terrific. They work perfectly and quickly every time. It is odd that both of my other bikes, both newer too, don't have them.
 
My 1990 BMW has them. To be honest I never knew or forgot in 1990 it had them. They stay on too long. IMHO.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
 
my 2015 VFR800 had self cancelling turn signals - one of those things you don't need - but really good when you get used to them - if you signal early you may need to reactivate every now and then- but that was easy -- took a while to get used to regular turn signals again - but that was probably just being lazy - LOL nice on a long day when you get a bit tired - but not a deal breaker
 
My buddy's K1600 has self-cancelling signals....annoying as heck to follow behind as they take forever to shut off.
 
My 73 XLCH Sportster has the best setup. A momentary button on the left and the right switch block. Flashers only work while you hold the button in.
 
Back
Top