Seen on Ebay. That CB1100 is not cheap...

bioman_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I knew that CB1100's are slowly but surely increasing in value, but this one (although very beautifully modded) is just a little too expensive. :s

Then again, why not just ask that price and see what happens.

LINK to Ebay listing

 
I think he's just throwing a dart on the wall hoping it will stick.
 
10k bike- probably 10k in parts, and several thousand in labor- so yea, make an offer for about 23-25k and that's about what it would cost to replicate.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
10k bike- probably 10k in parts, and several thousand in labor- so yea, make an offer for about 23-25k and that's about what it would cost to replicate.
The way it typically works is $10K bike, $10K in parts - so yea, you can expect to get $9K total....

I think that our buddy Bazbro might have started a side gig :)

This ad can't be serious.
 
No, it's grossly overpriced.

* Parts come to "about" £7,000 (say 10,000 dollars) including shipping, taxes, etc.
* The 'bike, if a decent second-hand one, could be anywhere from, say, £3,000 up to new price, near £11,000.
* Then (for me) hours and HOURS of labour! But less for a shop. Say, I dunno, £5,000 of work, to include bespoke parts and modifications made 'on the fly'?

So that's over £23,000 for a brand new 'bike, with more savings if you use a second-hand, older 'bike. Parts removed can also be sold, but that's not part of the 'bike's sale (unlike this seller who is including all the removed bits, that YOU are paying for, like it or not!).

I'll be auctioning my identical (almost) 'bike in a few weeks. I'll be offering it for between £17,000 and £18,000 I guess - I've not decided yet. It's a 2018 model, with just 166 miles (!!), rebuilt from a superficially damaged crashed 'bike. It won't break my heart if I don't sell it. I've not ridden it yet, but I think it might be a bit big for me to handle. We'll see...

Of course, selling all depends on having someone wanting to buy, as Tommy observes!
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Chapomis_imp said:
I wonder who we is
... you mean like a potential Forum member?

Is there a published VIN?
It's in the ad: JH2SC658XEK000298.

It's trite to say, but what it's worth is what they get for it. Anyone who pays US$34,999.99 has rocks in their head.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Chapomis_imp said:
I wonder who we is
... you mean like a potential Forum member?

Is there a published VIN?
It's in the ad: JH2SC658XEK000298.

It's trite to say, but what it's worth is what they get for it. Anyone who pays US$34,999.99 has rocks in their head.
It's in the ad: JH2SC658XEK000298.

It's trite to say, but what it's worth is what they get for it. Anyone who pays US$34,999.99 has rocks in their head.
Aye.

pekingduck_imp said:
Steve McQueen probably owned it. :angel:
:rofl:
 
It is a looker though…I like how the accompanying info mentions “sandcast” as to tie it to the most desirable CB750 models and hedge up the price. Somebody will probably pay it but that somebody won’t be me.

I usually don’t judge what someone pays for an item. If your bills are paid and the kids are fed do what you want with your money.
 
A basic law of economics is that something is worth what someone is willing to sell it for and someone else is willing to pay for it.
That said, with world-wide advertising available now on the internet, the market is much, much larger than it would be if the seller was confined to printed media. There are deep, deep pockets out there who fondly remember their first Honda 750, and he's betting on it.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Chapomis_imp said:
I wonder who we is
... you mean like a potential Forum member?

Is there a published VIN?
It's in the ad: JH2SC658XEK000298.

It's trite to say, but what it's worth is what they get for it. Anyone who pays US$34,999.99 has rocks in their head.
It's in the ad: JH2SC658XEK000298.

It's trite to say, but what it's worth is what they get for it. Anyone who pays US$34,999.99 has rocks in their head.

This made me smile and laugh so hard.:beerchug:
 
rich_imp said:
it comes with all the old parts so you can restore it back to stock :P
He's just saving himself the hassle of selling those bits, and forcing the new owner (if he ever gets one) to pay for them, like it or not!
 
Back
Top