Seats: comfort ratings

shdwghst457_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I want to upgrade the seat on my '13 to a more retro style seat. Is the '14 deluxe seat a step up in comfort? The Tiro k0 style looks like a winner too, but if prefer the seat be "official" (with the HONDA on the back).

Putting together an order from Mr T, 14 deluxe side covers included!
 
You did see the post where the attachment points on the side covers are different from the 13' and 14', right?
 
RandyB, Joola got the side covers to work on his as did someone else. They said it was plug and play. From the pics I took and my attempt it didn't look that way, so apparently I don' have "the touch"

I don't know that the deluxe seat is any more comfortable per se, but then I had no issue with the 13 seat that some people say they can't sit on for 20 miles. I'd put 9 hour 400 mile days on my 13.Imagine I could on the 14 dlx seat as well. it does feel like it's thicker and sits higher to me. My desk chair makes me more uncomfortable. Hate to sit in this thing for 9 hours lol
 
So now we know who Honda modeled the seat after, ferret!

Everyone's arse is different some can take it some can't. I personally can't do an hour on it, the stock 13 seat, without becoming uncomfortable.

As far as seats go you will have to find one that suits your bum. You are only going to get varying replies on the seat subject. Reminds me sort of an oil thread... ;)

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
The seat on my '13 seems to get better as it breaks in but I still have to stop every 150 miles or so for a butt break. About the time I need to stop for fuel anyway. I'm taking my seat to Sargent for a redo this summer.
 
I'm never out for more than an hour. Of the 3 I've tried K&H, stock and Whitehouse. The K&H was the best of the three, by far.
This is short trip report test only, just no where to go.
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
I'm never out for more than an hour. Of the 3 I've tried K&H, stock and Whitehouse. The K&H was the best of the three, by far.
This is short trip report test only, just no where to go.
ahh the joy of living on an island lol. What does it cost you and how difficult is it to take your bike to the mainland?
 
Bikes are cheap, only $150 round trip. It's the 4.5 hr boat time that messes up the whole day. Bike are easy and cheap compared to cars and no reservation required. Regular cars in the summer are almost $400 and have to be booked months early. It's a great place to live, until you want to go some place.
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Bikes are cheap, only $150 round trip. It's the 4.5 hr boat time that messes up the whole day. Bike are easy and cheap compared to cars and no reservation required. Regular cars in the summer are almost $400 and have to be booked months early. It's a great place to live, until you want to go some place.
Good night.. you are virtually a prisoner :dodgy:
 
Thread starter
I'm a fairly large person, 25, 6'1, 280lbs. Some days I like the seat less than others, but I wouldn't really bother going through with the swap aside from wanting the visual difference. The 13 is livable for the short trips I've done (bike still only has 780 miles) but it could be more comfortable. Certainly a different feel than the Shadow, but I'd take this bike over that seat any day.
 
For the short trips I fly off and rent a car, $65 + $50.
Cape Air still has those 10 pass Cessna 402's I think, just like in that show Wings from the 90's.
15 min flight.

Off subject again, sorry. K&H is my vote for comfort. Tiro seat for looks.
 
Thread starter
Least* I need to stop posting from my phone. It auto failed on my initial post on this thread too (I think it says if instead of is, or something similar).
 
I bought a '14 seat for my '13. Figured it was a relatively cheap way to get a more retro looking seat while possibly improving comfort (I was one of the people for whom the '13 seat was a killer after about an hour). Couldn't bring myself to spend the money on a K&H.

Anyway, the seat fits fine, at least on my bike. Feels a bit higher and "cushier," but in my riding so far I'm not sure it's a big step up in comfort. I need to take the bike out for a longer ride to be certain (it's been down for maintenance until recently). I'll give you my revised impressions after that...but right now I'm not expecting any miracles.
 
I just got the Tiro, and it feels much more comfortable to me - but I'm also a bony 6', 175 lbs. It has a much wider seating surface than the stocker, and the foam feels firm, but a lot thicker. I like the additional height, too.
I haven't actually gotten a chance to ride it yet, either; so far that's just my feeling from sitting on it in the garage, and making "zooom, zooom" sounds while pretending to work the throttle...
 
Back
Top