Seat time on the N1K

CIP57_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I have 380 miles on the bike. Yesterday i had a chance to put 280Mi with a trip up into MA. Mostly Highway to get a feel of touring with the bike. Beautiful 80 degree day packed my full hat but rode all day with my 1/2 hat and a pair of goggles. The ride was 240 but when i got home decide to bypass my house for another 40, gives a good idea on how much i like this bike. I averaged 42.5 MPG, when i filled up in MA my range was 218 miles.


The suspension is outstanding, eating up any bumps and imperfection in the road, gives the feeling of a high performance sports car. Once your in 6th you never have to shift, Half throttle roll on from 70MPH to pass a few semi's I looked down and was doing triple digits. Ergo's and wind protection are comfortable at any speed and the seat is very manageable. The bike has a large sweet spot 60-90MPH over that you start to get minimal vibs but only in the pegs.

I would have to rate this bike a better mount than my XX because of the triangle (better for my 5'6" frame) shorter reach to the bars without being on the tank. I never felt any wind pressure with the shield in any of its three positions.

[url=http://s1034.photobucket.com/user/cipolla57/media/DSC_2788_zpso3x1ozwd.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1034.photobucket.com/user/cipolla57/media/DSC_2785_zpsekwhjzkg.jpg.html]

The KTREC system works we'll, in position 1 as long as the rear doesn't spin will lift the front wheel in first second and third, #2 which i rode in will intervene once the front end lifts a few inches and puts it back on the ground. You can feel when this happens, keep in mind i never brought the bike over 8K. #3 would only be used in the rain. Have not tried reduced power mode.

The bike is very symmetrical
[url=http://s1034.photobucket.com/user/cipolla57/media/DSC_2784_zpsqxrgpl9y.jpg.html]

and with the bags does not look like a all out sport bike from the back, more like a touring bike which may help not to draw attention to cagers who dislike them.

We'll as you can tell I'm extremely happy with my choice and look forward to many happy miles:thumbsup:
 
CIP57_imp said:
I have 380 miles on the bike. Yesterday i had a chance to put 280Mi with a trip up into MA. Mostly Highway to get a feel of touring with the bike. Beautiful 80 degree day packed my full hat but rode all day with my 1/2 hat and a pair of goggles. The ride was 240 but when i got home decide to bypass my house for another 40, gives a good idea on how much i like this bike. I averaged 42.5 MPG, when i filled up in MA my range was 218 miles.


The suspension is outstanding, eating up any bumps and imperfection in the road, gives the feeling of a high performance sports car. Once your in 6th you never have to shift, Half throttle roll on from 70MPH to pass a few semi's I looked down and was doing triple digits. Ergo's and wind protection are comfortable at any speed and the seat is very manageable. The bike has a large sweet spot 60-90MPH over that you start to get minimal vibs but only in the pegs.

I would have to rate this bike a better mount than my XX because of the triangle (better for my 5'6" frame) shorter reach to the bars without being on the tank. I never felt any wind pressure with the shield in any of its three positions.

[url=http://s1034.photobucket.com/user/cipolla57/media/DSC_2788_zpso3x1ozwd.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1034.photobucket.com/user/cipolla57/media/DSC_2785_zpsekwhjzkg.jpg.html]

The KTREC system works we'll, in position 1 as long as the rear doesn't spin will lift the front wheel in first second and third, #2 which i rode in will intervene once the front end lifts a few inches and puts it back on the ground. You can feel when this happens, keep in mind i never brought the bike over 8K. #3 would only be used in the rain. Have not tried reduced power mode.

The bike is very symmetrical
[url=http://s1034.photobucket.com/user/cipolla57/media/DSC_2784_zpsqxrgpl9y.jpg.html]

and with the bags does not look like a all out sport bike from the back, more like a touring bike which may help not to draw attention to cagers who dislike them.

We'll as you can tell I'm extremely happy with my choice and look forward to many happy miles:thumbsup:

I just did the same this morning, only it was 24 and 4. :huh:
Bike looks great.
 
Thread starter
Ack-CB11_imp said:
CIP57_imp said:
I have 380 miles on the bike. Yesterday i had a chance to put 280Mi with a trip up into MA. Mostly Highway to get a feel of touring with the bike. Beautiful 80 degree day packed my full hat but rode all day with my 1/2 hat and a pair of goggles. The ride was 240 but when i got home decide to bypass my house for another 40, gives a good idea on how much i like this bike. I averaged 42.5 MPG, when i filled up in MA my range was 218 miles.


The suspension is outstanding, eating up any bumps and imperfection in the road, gives the feeling of a high performance sports car. Once your in 6th you never have to shift, Half throttle roll on from 70MPH to pass a few semi's I looked down and was doing triple digits. Ergo's and wind protection are comfortable at any speed and the seat is very manageable. The bike has a large sweet spot 60-90MPH over that you start to get minimal vibs but only in the pegs.

I would have to rate this bike a better mount than my XX because of the triangle (better for my 5'6" frame) shorter reach to the bars without being on the tank. I never felt any wind pressure with the shield in any of its three positions.

[url=http://s1034.photobucket.com/user/cipolla57/media/DSC_2788_zpso3x1ozwd.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1034.photobucket.com/user/cipolla57/media/DSC_2785_zpsekwhjzkg.jpg.html]

The KTREC system works we'll, in position 1 as long as the rear doesn't spin will lift the front wheel in first second and third, #2 which i rode in will intervene once the front end lifts a few inches and puts it back on the ground. You can feel when this happens, keep in mind i never brought the bike over 8K. #3 would only be used in the rain. Have not tried reduced power mode.

The bike is very symmetrical
[url=http://s1034.photobucket.com/user/cipolla57/media/DSC_2784_zpsqxrgpl9y.jpg.html]

and with the bags does not look like a all out sport bike from the back, more like a touring bike which may help not to draw attention to cagers who dislike them.

We'll as you can tell I'm extremely happy with my choice and look forward to many happy miles:thumbsup:

I just did the same this morning, only it was 24 and 4. :huh:
Bike looks great.

I just did the same this morning, only it was 24 and 4. :huh:
Bike looks great.
Number are the same just drop a zero. How far is it around Nantucket??
 
That's a fine bike you have there, in the UK it is known as the Z1000SX and classed as a sports/tourer. It is widely regarded as one of the best of its genre available in the UK. :clap:
 
CIP57_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
CIP57_imp said:
I have 380 miles on the bike. Yesterday i had a chance to put 280Mi with a trip up into MA. Mostly Highway to get a feel of touring with the bike. Beautiful 80 degree day packed my full hat but rode all day with my 1/2 hat and a pair of goggles. The ride was 240 but when i got home decide to bypass my house for another 40, gives a good idea on how much i like this bike. I averaged 42.5 MPG, when i filled up in MA my range was 218 miles.


The suspension is outstanding, eating up any bumps and imperfection in the road, gives the feeling of a high performance sports car. Once your in 6th you never have to shift, Half throttle roll on from 70MPH to pass a few semi's I looked down and was doing triple digits. Ergo's and wind protection are comfortable at any speed and the seat is very manageable. The bike has a large sweet spot 60-90MPH over that you start to get minimal vibs but only in the pegs.

I would have to rate this bike a better mount than my XX because of the triangle (better for my 5'6" frame) shorter reach to the bars without being on the tank. I never felt any wind pressure with the shield in any of its three positions.

[url=http://s1034.photobucket.com/user/cipolla57/media/DSC_2788_zpso3x1ozwd.jpg.html]

[url=http://s1034.photobucket.com/user/cipolla57/media/DSC_2785_zpsekwhjzkg.jpg.html]

The KTREC system works we'll, in position 1 as long as the rear doesn't spin will lift the front wheel in first second and third, #2 which i rode in will intervene once the front end lifts a few inches and puts it back on the ground. You can feel when this happens, keep in mind i never brought the bike over 8K. #3 would only be used in the rain. Have not tried reduced power mode.

The bike is very symmetrical
[url=http://s1034.photobucket.com/user/cipolla57/media/DSC_2784_zpsqxrgpl9y.jpg.html]

and with the bags does not look like a all out sport bike from the back, more like a touring bike which may help not to draw attention to cagers who dislike them.

We'll as you can tell I'm extremely happy with my choice and look forward to many happy miles:thumbsup:

I just did the same this morning, only it was 24 and 4. :huh:
Bike looks great.

I just did the same this morning, only it was 24 and 4. :huh:
Bike looks great.
Number are the same just drop a zero. How far is it around Nantucket??

I just did the same this morning, only it was 24 and 4. :huh:
Bike looks great.
Number are the same just drop a zero. How far is it around Nantucket??
That was 7 laps. :rolleyes:
 
A fine bike indeed, CIP. Enjoy it.
 
Great ride and report.
Sounds like they put the sweet spot right in the speed range where it'll be appreciated the most 60-90.

Saying that you like it better than the XX is quite the endorsement as the XX is quite the bird :-)
 
Thread starter
furious_blue_imp said:
Great ride and report.
Sounds like they put the sweet spot right in the speed range where it'll be appreciated the most 60-90.

Saying that you like it better than the XX is quite the endorsement as the XX is quite the bird :-)
FB,

The XX is smoother but a much longer and lower reach to the bars.
 
Beautiful bike CIP :thumbsup: I've been looking at 1 of these for a while now, thinking about trading in my old 1st Gen FZ1... just can't swing the finances right now. How is the insurance compared to the CB?
 
Thread starter
14CharlieBravo11_imp said:
Beautiful bike CIP :thumbsup: I've been looking at 1 of these for a while now, thinking about trading in my old 1st Gen FZ1... just can't swing the finances right now. How is the insurance compared to the CB?
Its a lot more::Allstate
I pay 375.00 a yr for Liability & Comp (CB was 185.00)
Collision was an extra 800.00 which i passed on that

I financed 1/2 through Kawi other lender will require collision, it was a point more but no collision required.
 
CIP57_imp said:
14CharlieBravo11_imp said:
Beautiful bike CIP :thumbsup: I've been looking at 1 of these for a while now, thinking about trading in my old 1st Gen FZ1... just can't swing the finances right now. How is the insurance compared to the CB?
Its a lot more::Allstate
I pay 375.00 a yr for Liability & Comp (CB was 185.00)
Collision was an extra 800.00 which i passed on that

I financed 1/2 through Kawi other lender will require collision, it was a point more but no collision required.
Its a lot more::Allstate
I pay 375.00 a yr for Liability & Comp (CB was 185.00)
Collision was an extra 800.00 which i passed on that

I financed 1/2 through Kawi other lender will require collision, it was a point more but no collision required.
Good to know, thanks CIP. I go through State Farm; both bikes have Liability, Comp, Uninsured and Underinsured : CB is 425/yr , FZ1 is 280/yr.
 
If not for the CB1100 I would ride the same bike. We're both "men of average height" at 5' 6" CIP so glad to know that seat height is OK. Sure is a pretty bike in Kawasaki Green.
 
Thread starter
redbirds_imp said:
If not for the CB1100 I would ride the same bike. We're both "men of average height" at 5' 6" CIP so glad to know that seat height is OK. Sure is a pretty bike in Kawasaki Green.
Red,

The bend at the knees and waist are just about the same as the CB, reach to the bars are a few degrees more but very comfortable. The seat height is about 1/2 inch taller but very narrow frame makes up for height. Very comfortable mount for my 5'6" frame. Just went up one tooth in the front today, nice to have the longer legs.
 
I just looked at the pictures again. On first glance, it's not the sort of bike that appeals to me. But, when look again, there's something about it that keeps drawing the eye. It's simply a lovely bike. Hope you're enjoying it CIP. Can you ride it to NC in a couple of weeks?
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
I just looked at the pictures again. On first glance, it's not the sort of bike that appeals to me. But, when look again, there's something about it that keeps drawing the eye. It's simply a lovely bike. Hope you're enjoying it CIP. Can you ride it to NC in a couple of weeks?
Cormanus,

I would have been there, my son is getting married that Friday and wedding plans are in full gear. Would have been great to put a face to all the great people who we have got to know over the past 2 years. I will live vicariously through pictures and reports. Hope you and P enjoy your trip to the the US and the Big Apple.
 
That's right. I'd forgotten about the wedding. Very best wishes to your son and his future wife. I suspect the road they're embarking on is more treacherous than even the Dragon.

You've a good memory. I was off to the Big Apple and I'd been looking forward to it. For various reasons it won't happen this trip and I'll return the bike to Atlanta and head straight to London. But the trip into the US countryside will be more special somehow. New York maybe one of the world's great cities; but, to some extent, cities are cities wherever they are. The things that really drew me to this trip were the opportunity to meet some forum members and the chance to see a tiny little bit of the rural US.

Have a very, very happy wedding.
 
So I guess that's what my 86' 900 Ninja would look like today.
I had soft saddle bags, tank and tail bags for my trips to New England, Smokies, etc. those were the days, could sit at 80MPH all day long.....
 
Back
Top