"Seat Lock" cable unseated.

17-CB-002

Been there
Thread starter
While re-installing the battery back under the seat I noticed that the "seat lock" cable was halfway out of its original position and when I push it down, it clicked and lock itself into the correct position.
After a close up inspection, I understood that the cable came out of its seating clamp due to too much empty space above it. (hole/empty space is for inserting the cable).

When I moved the "seat lock" cable up/down, it came out of its normal position - should this happen when the seat is latch down and locked, It will be extremely difficult removing the seat.

To prevent future issue with the cable coming out of its original position, I inserted a short piece of rubber hose on top of the "seat lock" cable, push it all the way in and tape both items together.
By performing the modification, the "seat lock" cable will not come out of its position again.

See the picture attached.

Before modification
[attachment=616]

After modification
[attachment=617]
 

Attachments

  • a.webp
    a.webp
    112.4 KB · Views: 56
  • b.webp
    b.webp
    122.9 KB · Views: 56
I looked at mine and can certainly see how that could be a problem! There have, in the earlier forum, been several cases like that.

I took a small zip tie and secured the cable to the bottom of the bracket so it can't be pulled up, which will do the same.
 
Good advice guys, thanks. Mine looks ok. It looks like Honda could have done a better job when designing this. If it does pop out of position when the seat is installed, how do you get your seat off?
 
Checked mine, too and it was tightly inserted, but secured with zip tie all the same. Tube-n-tape, ties...both good ideas to avoid a difficulty on the road where you don't want nor need the aggravation.
 
I've checked mine and it looks and feels rock solid so I'm going to zip tie it immediately! :D
 
What Cormanus said :)

But I did more of what 17cb did. A piece of rubber hose and then a tie wrap.

Dave, there was a thread or 2 on the old board, maybe ported over to here, that went in to it.

From what I remember, it was a J. O. B. Can’t remember any details though.
 
Lord Popgun said:
What Cormanus said :)

But I did more of what 17cb did.  A piece of rubber hose and then a tie wrap.

Dave, there was a thread or 2 on the old board, maybe ported over to here, that went in to it.

From what I remember, it was a J. O. B.  Can’t remember any details though.
Thank you Lord, I'll see if I can find it.

Sorry, but is J.O.B. an acronym for something?
 
dave said:
... is J.O.B. an acronym for something?


I wondered the same thing, but hadn't got around to looking it up. There's some suggestions here.
 
I thought it was just a way to say something was a JOB. Thats how I’ve always heard it used and used it.
 
Back
Top