Seat cushion

Griz53_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
2013 cb with stock seat, after about 30 miles my old butt starts saying "get me off here" LOL being 260 # Im no light weight ! Anyone found a comfy cushion that will actually help ??
 
Air Seat Innovations. Seems Airhawks are plastic now, these are rubber and great quality. Fits perfect on the seat. I spent a lot of time back in April and I found these are an excellent deal. Not sure what happened to Airhawk but it seems like they no longer lead in the inflatable cushion arena. Amazon and Ebay have the ASI cushions that fit our stock seats perfectly for $80. I remember when Airhawks (rubber not plastic) were always $100-150. Pic to follow.
 
Here's an Air Seat Innovations on my bike. I tried a Corbin and a K&H seat neither did much for me and this is the solution. BTW I weigh over 350 and it hasn't popped yet! Just make sure you inflate it as little as possible so you are "floating" on about a half inch of air. If you inflate it a lot it won't work. Ignore the stripey look this is a low res pic
 
EmptySea_imp said:
This is what my wife and I use on our bikes. Time to Upgrade!

It’s relatively cheap and works better for us than Air Hawk or gel pads.

+1 for the Sit & Fly. It was a big improvement in comfort over the standard seat. Size S for our bike.

603a441f0d648f92aaf78120db9dea23.jpg
 
Crazyirv_imp said:
Here's an Air Seat Innovations on my bike. I tried a Corbin and a K&H seat neither did much for me and this is the solution. BTW I weigh over 350 and it hasn't popped yet! Just make sure you inflate it as little as possible so you are "floating" on about a half inch of air. If you inflate it a lot it won't work. Ignore the stripey look this is a low res pic
It looks good.
 
+1 on the K&H seat as a longterm solution, I am much heavier than you and I can ride over an hour and a half before wanting a break
 
I can do about 90 minutes, and my tush is sending messages. I'm 200 lbs. A bud of mine uses on of those bead things on top of some kind of inflatable cushion on his Triumph, but he's a BIG BOY!
 
Having a taller seat can help some of the long-legged riders, but rear-end soreness (on motorcycles at least) is largely a function of heat. The firmness of the seat can still be an issue, but from what I've read and experienced, it's all about keeping cool. I like the idea of slipping a gel pad under the Sit&Fly's mesh, though it would not be about my rear-end's position on the bike, but about keeping my ummm front ends from sliding up toward the bike's fuel tank.
 
I am new to the cb I can only get about 80 miles and my butt is killing me. I have a padded sheep skin and a air hawk and a k& m seat still killing me. I’ve called seat makers mustang and Sargent. Not sure I want to spend 6 to 7 hundred on a seat
 
Some here have used a local to them upholsterer to redo their seat. Reshape it, add or remove foam or different densities, etc. You might want to check around.

I’m sure others will check in with more suggestions.
 
A classic endless loop Forum topic on any rider forum:

Saddle comfort.

Opinions overall seem to "cancel each other out", that is, some exclaim, " ... this is the way, the best ... see my light ... ", while others " ... too hard, can't dismount cleanly, ... stupid lookin' design, ... " and etc.

Comfort is like underwear. We all personally know what works for us.

Share the successes and failures for sure, but don't expect the same performance for another rider on another machine, for a given type of riding.
 
Back
Top