Seafoam: Yes? No? When? Why?

I've used it in cars and found it to be very effective. That is using the sucking it in through a vaccum line method.

I've never really bothered in bikes, because my bikes seem to have way fewer combustion chamber deposits -- being ridden hard and hitting redline vs. essentially loafing/lugging around all the time. If you want to get rid of some carbon deposits though, I'd say this is the best product I've used.
 
I use it in all my bikes and lawn equipment and have never had a problem with the carbs.

1 oz per gallon in summer in the bikes every few months just to keep carbs/injectors clean. 1 1/2 oz per gallon of gas in the bikes if I think they are going to be sitting any length of time (a few weeks)

Just today on my way home from a ride I filled up the CB, it took 2 1/2 gal gas. When I got home I put 2 1/2 oz of seafoam in the tank. Just in case the end of Feb is bad and I can't ride it.

1 oz per gallon in all the lawn equipment at the end of season in fall. 1 oz per gallon in the ATV and snowblower in the spring. Everything gets run until I feel seafoam has made it thru the carbs.

I buy Seafoam by the gallon. I am a believer.
 
Agree with ferret. I bought a used 15 year old Valkyrie with less than 3 K miles. So it had sat for some time. We are talking 6 carburetors. It had some major low idle, low speed issues. To the point I was on the verge of pulling and re building the carbs. Ran sea foam, at one oz per gallon, for about three tanks and could not believe the difference. If solved all the problems. I now run sea foam in all my motors. Autos, compressors, power washers, lawn mowers, weed eaters, and motorcycles! It works.
 
I treat my gas with Seafoam a couple of times a year just to keep the fuel system clean. I've been doing this with the CB750 for as long as I can remember and it's carbs have never been off. I do the same with the CB11 and my truck to keep the injector screens clean.

Like Retsel, I've used it in the past to clean up the carbs on bikes that had been sitting with old gas in them. If you got to them before the small passages or jets were completely clogged with varnish, you could often avoid pulling them. Basically, it's an excellent solvent for dissolving unwanted deposits in the fuel system.
 
I just used it in my small, 10 year old snow blower which has a 2 cycle engine to keep it running well.

It seems to work as advertised.
 
I stay away from the aftermarket fuel additives, except over the winter, I add Marine version of Sta-Bil 360. I try and only use fuel from those brands rated as "Top Tier", which allegedly means additional additive packages.

There are some videos on U-Tube that seem to indicate Sea-Foam, and other additives, dont do all that much...YOMV.


Cheers

:beerchug:
 
I've had good success treating gas with Stabil, but I'll try Seafoam when it's time to buy more based on the testimonials I've read. That being said, I've never experienced any issues with Stabil.
 
I use Star Tron and Sta-Bil when my bikes are going to sit a while. Thats about it, with the exception that I use ethanol free fuel almost exclusively. ;)
 
I have used sea foam in everything that has an engine,with today's funky fuel . Great stuff use in in every tank ,every time I get fuel
 
Gas was deteriorating and leaving varnish in float bowls and jets long before ethanol was even thought of.

Short answer YES imo
 
I use it in bikes that sit for long periods and sometimes in my Vulcan. Haven't bothered using on CB. The Vulcan builds carbon so it needs it.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk
 
Cars and bikes that sit unused for a long winter and not stored in a climate controlled garage benefit from using Stabil mixed w/ a couple ounces of 2 stroke oil in the gas tank. This cocktail mix protects against fuel breakdown plus moisture and condensation in the exhaust and fuel system.
 
I always fog stored engines, aluminum oxide = sandpaper. I use stabil marine since the introduction of ethanol. So what does seafoam do? Or can I use Marvel, It smells better..
 
I have used Star Tron in my Moto Guzzi for over 6 years. When I purchased the bike the dealer said to use regular grade gas even though Guzzi recommended premium. I followed his advise for the 1st year until I discovered Star Tron. I now use premium grade and put one ounce of Star Tron in the tank with each fill up. Star Tron says that it keeps ethanol and water in suspension and stops phase separation. Have no way of knowing if that is true. However, my Guzzi has a plastic tank that does not like ethanol. Guzzi replaced a bunch of tanks under warranty and a couple of yeas ago switch to a steel tank. I have had no issues with my plastic tank and it is now 7 years old.

The reason the Guzzi dealer recommend regular was it cycles through the under ground storage tanks faster than premium. The longer gas sits, whether in the ground on in the bike, the greater the chance for water contamination.
 
My dealer recommended regular vs. premium. On road trips I choose premium and now I use just premium for the anti-knock. Regular is just not that good for it. For my Griso.
 
Back
Top