Science Proves Riding a Motorcycle is Good for You.

Roper_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Dunno if this has been shared here, yet. Pretty cool research.

"What the researchers observed is that the ride decreased the participants’ level of stress (28-percent decrease in stress biomarkers), that it slightly increased their heartbeat (a 20-minute ride increased heartbeat by 11 percent), their adrenaline levels (by 27-percent) as well as their focus and alertness."

You can read the entire article on RideApart.
 
Awesome.

No wonder I am so laid back lol
 
Interesting science statement.

Also without it I found out in many, many years that motorbike riding is good for me. Otherwise I wouldn't do it. In which way it is good for me depends mostly on the way I ride, if it will kick adrenalin or raise the heartbeat and so on.

I see a totally different not really mentioned benefit of riding a motorbike in it. The aspect of meditation, being in a peace of mind and feeling one with the uniserve through the bike, gliding through time and space in urban or much more prefered nature landscapes. I never ride for pushes and kicks like formerly mentioned. They may suddenly happen, no one knows what comes after the next curve for example, but relaxtion is the key and to agitate out of it. Also while taking care of a bike and looking after and at it. Motorbike riding is food for my soul. Though the body aspect should and can not be forgotten of course. Humans are a unit of body, mind and soul. Motorbikes trigger all of them. Another aspect, the brain factor:

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/259532/scientific-study-motorcycles-make-you-smarter/

While reading the article I found this one out of the science motorbike category. So biking will wise you up cognitively... I guess a whole bunch of other activities like reading really good books or valuable conversations and lessons will have a much greater impact on your brain fortunately... but every little step can help, even motorbike riding.

Wisedrum
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Agree to all above = life without the motorcycle is no life
:thumbsup:
Well, it certainly is a different life!
 
SportsterDoc_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Agree to all above = life without the motorcycle is no life
:thumbsup:
Well, it certainly is a different life!
Well, it certainly is a different life!
Different for sure :P . Otherwise, everybody else would be, um, dead. :-/

... and then that would imply less cars on the road.
 
Houtman_imp said:
Riding a motor cycle makes me look sexy and at 68 I need all the help I can get......
...now I know why you had an 8-nurse sponge bath ..?...:P
:)
 
I’d like to read the article but the bike’s been sitting for 20 minutes and needs riding. :P
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I’d like to read the article but the bike’s been sitting for 20 minutes and needs riding. :P
Then what are you doing on the computer?!:biker:
 
SportsterDoc_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
I’d like to read the article but the bike’s been sitting for 20 minutes and needs riding. :P
Then what are you doing on the computer?!:biker:
Then what are you doing on the computer?!:biker:
:thumbsup::D:rofl:
 
Back
Top