Scabby spokes solved

Mixagon_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hi fellow cb'ers
I've solved the scabby spokes problem on my 2015 ex

After spending hours working on the ex spokes with bleeding fingers and thumbs I decided I never want to work on a spoked wheel again, don't get me wrong I really like the look of my ex but after lots of research and going through all the options I decided at my time of life I really prefer cast wheels so she had to go and will be surely missed :(

Expensive solution but I've traded her in for this pre reg RS with under 2 miles on the clock :D:D:D

eeb0e58c0011d0c3e680048dbff706ca.
 
Now THAT'S the way to solve the issue! The silver 'n black RS is beautiful, and since you can financially swing it, super... I would prefer no spokes on my 2017EX, but...they are not "scabby" looking.

: )
 
Congrats Mixagon!
 
Mixagon_imp said:
Hi fellow cb'ers
I've solved the scabby spokes problem on my 2015 ex

After spending hours working on the ex spokes with bleeding fingers and thumbs I decided I never want to work on a spoked wheel again, don't get me wrong I really like the look of my ex but after lots of research and going through all the options I decided at my time of life I really prefer cast wheels so she had to go and will be surely missed :(

Expensive solution but I've traded her in for this pre reg RS with under 2 miles on the clock :D:D:D

eeb0e58c0011d0c3e680048dbff706ca.
LOL that sorts it! Think you’ll find cleaning RS wheels a 2 min job. There are subtle but noticeable differences between the EX and RS (when riding). Nice bike.
 
Nice Mixagon. I like your style.
 
Thread starter
Jfro5687_imp said:
Mixagon_imp said:
Hi fellow cb'ers
I've solved the scabby spokes problem on my 2015 ex

After spending hours working on the ex spokes with bleeding fingers and thumbs I decided I never want to work on a spoked wheel again, don't get me wrong I really like the look of my ex but after lots of research and going through all the options I decided at my time of life I really prefer cast wheels so she had to go and will be surely missed :(

Expensive solution but I've traded her in for this pre reg RS with under 2 miles on the clock :D:D:D

eeb0e58c0011d0c3e680048dbff706ca.
LOL that sorts it! Think you’ll find cleaning RS wheels a 2 min job. There are subtle but noticeable differences between the EX and RS (when riding). Nice bike.
LOL that sorts it! Think you’ll find cleaning RS wheels a 2 min job. There are subtle but noticeable differences between the EX and RS (when riding). Nice bike.
Yes I noticed a few nice changes when I looked at the bike....
Tubeless tyres 120 front 180 rear which imo are more suitable for the weight of the bike.
Led lighting
Lower handle bars
Radial front brake
Suspension
Tank & seat
Cast wheels :D
No doubt a few more I've missed.
 
Definitely well played, sir. I do find polishing spokes tiresome.

I've been in a similar situation. In my single days, my friends razzed me about my ability to pick up girls in a 12-year old Corolla. More than a few pints later, I found the keys to a new Mustang in my pocket.
 
Mixagon_imp said:
Hi fellow cb'ers
I've solved the scabby spokes problem on my 2015 ex

After spending hours working on the ex spokes with bleeding fingers and thumbs I decided I never want to work on a spoked wheel again, don't get me wrong I really like the look of my ex but after lots of research and going through all the options I decided at my time of life I really prefer cast wheels so she had to go and will be surely missed :(

Expensive solution but I've traded her in for this pre reg RS with under 2 miles on the clock :D:D:D

eeb0e58c0011d0c3e680048dbff706ca.
LOL!!! I had to read this a couple times to make sure you hadn't traded in the wife. Not that I would ever condone such an action... :rofl:
 
Back
Top