Saturday ride

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Got in nice little 150 miler with perfect weather. Met my brother early on his FZ-1 and we headed to a Perkins Rest for breakfast. Corned Beef hash, scrambled eggs, hash brown potatoes hot tea with crème and sugar. mmmmmm


but on the way there we saw this sign

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/satride002_zps0e8e5bca.jpg.html]

100 yards away we spotted this

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/satride001_zps303d8250.jpg.html]

Don't think I will hire him lol

anyhow after breakfast we hit some nice country roads. Rode around until 1 pm and headed for this restaurant that is known for their home made pies, called the Country Inn in Georgetown Ohio

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/satride006_zps366cc67d.jpg.html]

Decided to skip lunch and just have some tea and pie

Decisions, decisions..they make a killer triple layer orange cake that tastes like a Creamsickle, or chocolate cake, banana crème pie, chocolate crème pie, peanut butter crème pie, cherry pie, or Coconut crème pie, Made fresh daily by one of the owners Grandmothers. Perfect crust, thick sweet wonderful filling and topping. To die for.

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/satride005_zpsbf0d0224.jpg.html]

I chose the coconut creme, and brother chose the banana crème. Plus a couple cups of tea.

After pie we went outside. We needed to ride more, but all I wanted was a nap lol

[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/theferret111/media/satride007_zps8344a801.jpg.html]

anyhow back on the bikes and down Rt 221 a nice snaky road that goes from the first river ridge, back down to the river about 11 miles away I think. Then west on 52 back towards home.

Started out at 54 degrees but got to 77 degrees under a beautiful sunny blue bird sky. What a great day.
 
LMAO Those are lagering tracks on that bobcat. They weigh about 300 pounds each I have a set. As you can see very unstable on uneven ground. Looks like you had a nice day with your son.
 
What about grits with those eggs ???? Got to have grits ! Looks like y'all had a great time. Glad the weather was nice. It's very nice here about 92 here today I love summer! Also we got to get them gaiters on. I got the gaiters on my new bike tonite. This set was a lot faster and easy. It's really not that much to unbolt and bolt back on. Thanks for the post and pics of your nice ride :)
 
Looks good Ferret. I enjoy your posts and photos.

Is that a dirty great lock in the back wheel?
 
CIP57_imp said:
LMAO Those are lagering tracks on that bobcat. They weigh about 300 pounds each I have a set. As you can see very unstable on uneven ground. Looks like you had a nice day with your son.
I'm going to look it up, but for the folkers in the audience who are too lazy, what the tuck is "lagering?"
 
Highlight "lagering tracks", press right mouse button, select <Search Google for "lagering tracks">. See many offerings for things to do with beer. Ponder the question "Did you mean: loegering tracks?"
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Highlight "lagering tracks", press right mouse button, select <Search Google for "lagering tracks">. See many offerings for things to do with beer. Ponder the question "Did you mean: loegering tracks?"
Yes, Loegering Tracks
There made of either rubber or steel and are an optional track put on 4 wheel skid steer machines. Used for better traction in mud or loose dirt conditions. Thanks for the correction.
 
CIP57_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Highlight "lagering tracks", press right mouse button, select <Search Google for "lagering tracks">. See many offerings for things to do with beer. Ponder the question "Did you mean: loegering tracks?"
Yes, Loegering Tracks
There made of either rubber or steel and are an optional track put on 4 wheel skid steer machines. Used for better traction in mud or loose dirt conditions. Thanks for the correction.
Thanks for telling us about them. I read a little bit; it was quite interesting.
 
Thread starter
Ridem32_imp said:
What about grits with those eggs ???? Got to have grits ! Looks like y'all had a great time. Glad the weather was nice. It's very nice here about 92 here today I love summer! Also we got to get them gaiters on. I got the gaiters on my new bike tonite. This set was a lot faster and easy. It's really not that much to unbolt and bolt back on. Thanks for the post and pics of your nice ride :)

Mmmm love grits with butter and sugar. They aren't offered up here much and because nobody eats them but my family ( we got used to them when we lived in Florida) if you do order them they make them out of instant grits..YUK!

Cormanus_imp said:
Looks good Ferret. I enjoy your posts and photos.

Is that a dirty great lock in the back wheel?
What is a dirty great lock? There is nothing in my back wheel that didn't come from Honda.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Ridem32_imp said:
What about grits with those eggs ???? Got to have grits ! Looks like y'all had a great time. Glad the weather was nice. It's very nice here about 92 here today I love summer! Also we got to get them gaiters on. I got the gaiters on my new bike tonite. This set was a lot faster and easy. It's really not that much to unbolt and bolt back on. Thanks for the post and pics of your nice ride :)

Mmmm love grits with butter and sugar. They aren't offered up here much and because nobody eats them but my family ( we got used to them when we lived in Florida) if you do order them they make them out of instant grits..YUK!

Cormanus_imp said:
Looks good Ferret. I enjoy your posts and photos.

Is that a dirty great lock in the back wheel?
What is a dirty great lock? There is nothing in my back wheel that didn't come from Honda.
9d5daa7b745cbe3736be6b19d3b0c2d5.jpg


Oh! Silly me. In the first photo of the two bikes parked, there's a shadow towards the bottom of the rear wheel. Looks like it might be one of those enormous security chains you see in Europe. (Dirty great = big). But look again, Cormanus. Really closely this time. Ah! It's the Ferret's black helmet hanging on the number plate mount.

Hope I didn't alarm you, Ferret.
 
You can see they kinfolk both got helmets hanging from rear of bikes. And both bike makers spent millions making the helmet holder lol
 
Thread starter
Lol no alarm. yea everyone in our family uses the helmet guardian helmet locks that bolt on the rear license plate bracket. They are a lot easier to use than the factory helmet locks and you don't have to worry about bending your ignition key.
 
Back
Top