Saturday in the South.

SCCBrider_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Well, Adam and I decided to take a ride today. He had never been to Old Sheldon Church near Beaufort. So we headed out down some back roads with names like Toogoodoo Road. There aren't many twisty, winding roads around, but we took the ones we know and found a nice winding scenic road that went to the small town of Yemasse. Named after a Indian tribe that was all but wiped out during the Yamasee War, (1715–16). We then headed down to Beaufort for lunch and to check out Ft Fremont. All in all it was a good days ride with just over 200 miles on the odometer.
c8b6ef3506c2fd6f015737331df0cfa1.jpg
The train depot.
a6a8d73acc4923c14acfbb81cf181398.jpg
In front of Old Sheldon Church.
ebdf363b7f3de34f79af78ce4b11f85e.jpg
Ft. Fremont near Beaufort, SC.
 
Thread starter
The A-man_imp said:
Nice pics. I'm jealous. Weather here is just starting to be warm enough to entice me out to explore.
Let me know when it gets warm enough and I'll come up and go ride with you.
 
Not one but two CBs. Beauty!
 
I'll look forward to it, SCCBrider! I've been plotting out some new rides up in the mountains. Just need some warm weather and a good riding companion!
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
to add to this, a little clip montage: we don't have a lot of "good roads" down here, but we took advantage of what we have.



Heh, is it just me or no sound? I can't hear the initial lead rider sing during the dance moves. :)
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
no sound. all that camera records is wind noise. there's no point
Aw, too bad.

Not related: I think, when possible, rider videos should put a bluetooth microphone down near the engine to capture the engine sound instead of wind sound. This would be particularly useful during bike reviews when the viewer would likely prefer to hear engine purr and gearbox cloink sounds versus electro or rap filler music.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
no sound. all that camera records is wind noise. there's no point
Aw, too bad.

Not related: I think, when possible, rider videos should put a bluetooth microphone down near the engine to capture the engine sound instead of wind sound. This would be particularly useful during bike reviews when the viewer would likely prefer to hear engine purr and gearbox cloink sounds versus electro or rap filler music.
I strongly agree, and i realized shortly after buying my camera that i would need equipment like that. the only reason i haven't got one is because this camera is really just a "dash cam" that i got to keep my daily commutes on video in case something happens. If i wanted to do more videos for entertainment purposes i would have to upgrade my setup a lot.,
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
no sound. all that camera records is wind noise. there's no point
Aw, too bad.

Not related: I think, when possible, rider videos should put a bluetooth microphone down near the engine to capture the engine sound instead of wind sound. This would be particularly useful during bike reviews when the viewer would likely prefer to hear engine purr and gearbox cloink sounds versus electro or rap filler music.
I strongly agree, and i realized shortly after buying my camera that i would need equipment like that. the only reason i haven't got one is because this camera is really just a "dash cam" that i got to keep my daily commutes on video in case something happens. If i wanted to do more videos for entertainment purposes i would have to upgrade my setup a lot.,
I strongly agree, and i realized shortly after buying my camera that i would need equipment like that. the only reason i haven't got one is because this camera is really just a "dash cam" that i got to keep my daily commutes on video in case something happens. If i wanted to do more videos for entertainment purposes i would have to upgrade my setup a lot.,
Yeah, I guess I should really have moved my not related comment to a new thread. It just occurred to me while enjoying your shared southern comfort.

Since your flick is a silent motion picture, wouldn't it be a hoot to filter your video through a "1920's black and white scratchy filter" to make it look classic and old? Heck, maybe even speed it up by 75%? :)
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
i had to fight the urge to layer a Jerry Reed song over the whole video for Audio.
Sounds like you could have some real fun with the video without too much pain. Would be a hoot!
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
to add to this, a little clip montage: we don't have a lot of "good roads" down here, but we took advantage of what we have.



Heh, is it just me or no sound? I can't hear the initial lead rider sing during the dance moves. :)
Heh, is it just me or no sound? I can't hear the initial lead rider sing during the dance moves. :)
:banana: Wait until the rally. You'll get an ear full...:excited:
 
Back
Top