Sargent custom seat

CA200_imp

Been there
Thread starter
It was time to put the CB up for the winter ,nothing but cold and rain and snow from now on.:s
I shipped my saddle off to Sargent seats today.
Will post up pictures when I get it back. Should be about 3 weeks.
By the way they have 15% discount now if you get your seat in by
the end of Nov.
 
It is that time of year isn't it?! Put our bikes away also this weekend! La Crosse is supposed to have snow on the ground tomorrow morning, at least one forecast has it that way.

Looking forward to seeing this Sargent seat when you get it back!
 
I assume the Sargent seat will be shaped differently than the stock seat? I'd love to have a more comfortable seat, but don't want to change the look of the stocker.
 
I've had two Sargent seats, both had their own seat pan. I did look at there site at the ST1100 which works off the original. They make a thick comfortable seat, can't wait to see it on your bike. They also make a quality cover.
I personal think anything is in improvement from the stock cover and seat. The stocker is a far cry from retro, the old 70's seats where wide and more comfortable.

Looking forward to some pic's.
 
I've stopped by their shop a few times this year, and talked to their rep at a couple shows. He said there still hasn't been enough interest expressed at shows or on their website for them to consider making a non-custom seat for the CB1100. I haven't talked to him for a couple months now though, maybe it's picking up steam?

He also told me that winter is by far their slowest time of year, which would explain the discount now. Surprisingly (to me at least), they get most of their work in the spring and summer, when most people are riding. Out of sight, out of mind?
 
I like the Sargent's from an aesthetic standpoint (they're one of the few that I do) -- haven't ever owned one. The aesthetics are nearly as important to me as the comfort. Maybe if we all kind of bothered them at once they'd do it?
 
Thread starter
Got a call from Mike at Sargent seat to confirm they have my seat and to confirm what I had put on their order forum, ( I read all
their pages on how to order on there web page).
UPS took 4 days to get it there Gezzz .
With their off season discount I saved $47.99 off the seat and they
included the shipping.So well under the $300 I had for a budget.

Stay tuned:sleepy:
 
CA200_imp said:
Got a call from Mike at Sargent seat to confirm they have my seat and to confirm what I had put on their order forum, ( I read all
their pages on how to order on there web page).
UPS took 4 days to get it there Gezzz .
With their off season discount I saved $47.99 off the seat and they
included the shipping.So well under the $300 I had for a budget.

Stay tuned:sleepy:
Can't wait to see pics and hear how you like it. :-)
 
CA200_imp said:
It was time to put the CB up for the winter ,nothing but cold and rain and snow from now on.:s
I shipped my saddle off to Sargent seats today.
Will post up pictures when I get it back. Should be about 3 weeks.
By the way they have 15% discount now if you get your seat in by
the end of Nov.
What did you ask Sargent to do with your seat, CA200?
I like the retro CB750KO candy bar seat look.

TINK
 
Stock seat looks good on the bike, but not everyone finds it comfortable for longer rides. Some aftermarket seats resemble the CB 750 ko seats but they are quite pricey and change the riders triangle.
 
Yes, that's true. With the stock seat my butt is burning after riding for more than 2 hours.
I searched on the Internet a lot to get some ideas how a new seat could look like. But nearly all of what I found is too much retro for me or looking like a Café Racer seat or a "CB 750 Reloaded" seat.
Yesterday, I talked with a local saddler who normally is restoring old cars' leather seats (up to 100 year old Benz). We discussed it back and forth, and finally the saddler proposed not to change anything at the CB's saddle because he said the bike is so clean, simply and straight that any kind of seat pimping (e.g. quilting, grain, color) would be a de-improvement. And he is right. So we agreed just to change the foam of the seat (make it stronger/harder for long rides) and reuse the seat cover and keep the original form and height of the seat.

EDIT: It will cost roughly 80 EUR including taxes (108 USD).
 
ingobohn_imp said:
Yes, that's true. With the stock seat my butt is burning after riding for more than 2 hours.
I searched on the Internet a lot to get some ideas how a new seat could look like. But nearly all of what I found is too much retro for me or looking like a Café Racer seat or a "CB 750 Reloaded" seat.
Yesterday, I talked with a local saddler who normally is restoring old cars' leather seats (up to 100 year old Benz). We discussed it back and forth, and finally the saddler proposed not to change anything at the CB's saddle because he said the bike is so clean, simply and straight that any kind of seat pimping (e.g. quilting, grain, color) would be a de-improvement. And he is right. So we agreed just to change the foam of the seat (make it stronger/harder for long rides) and reuse the seat cover and keep the original form and height of the seat.

EDIT: It will cost roughly 80 EUR including taxes (108 USD).
Good man - I like it if they just accept the basic idea and then try to improve it.
 
Cycle Analyst |

A buddy uses these for his dirt bike. The guy (sweetcheeks) will also custom make them for the width of your seat. I just ordered a set for my 650L and may consider a set for the CB. Not too expensive so it's a cheap experiment and it will not alter the stock seat. You can use foam from a sleeping pad or gardening knee pads too.

If this works as well as folks say (do a google search and you'll see this is very popular with the dual-sport dirt bike crowd) I just may give her a whirl on the CB. Or the Griso (that seat is really at war with my bum).
 
Hey, I know Ray. He works at Sportour in Cinti where I buy a lot of my accessories and tires. Ha ..wait until I see " sweet cheeks" next time.
 
Back
Top