2017EX_imp
Been there
Thread starter
I am considering a road Comet Cafe fairing for my 2017EX. As my tank is red, I am leaning toward the red fairing. Can anyone that has this set up post a picture or two showing what the INSIDE of the red fairing looks like, mounted on the bike, as viewed from the driver position? I assume that the shield Samurider lists for the 2017 is a Road Comet II version? Lastly, can anyone post a picture showing how the lower bracket attaches? I am guessing from what I have read in other threads that the upper of the two screws on the face of the horn bracket is the attachment point. However, if that is true, both of those screws are recessed into the face of the bracket, and I would assume a spacer would be used to fill the recess, which would then bring the Road Comet "L" bracket out to flush with the face of the horn bracket. On the other hand maybe the short leg of the L bracket goes behind the horn bracket secured with a nut, instead of on the face of the horn bracket? As others have mentioned, while it is an attractive and functional addition, it is not returnable and a fair chunk of change, so I am trying to do all the homework first.