Samurai Tail Light wiring

HWdesign_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hi

I am in need of a bit of help.

I purchased the tail light from Samurider. It came with red/black/yellow wires.

The 2013 bike has black-brown, green brown and green yellow.
-------------
Tried this and no go.

black/brown wire on the cb to black

green wire on the cb to the red.

tried touching the yellow cb wire to a bolt and bammo. Fuse blown.

Any help would be appreciated.
 
Well thats not good. On the CB, green is ground. Black/brown is 12v, and Green/yellow is connect the the brake switches. The other side of the brake switch is connected to 12v.

When you turn on the ignition, 12v is applied to the Black/brown and the running light part of the bulb lights. When you apply a brake, 12v volts is applied to the brake light element and it lights and the tail light gets brighter.

The bike’s green wire is the common ground for it for both elements in the bulb. Hope this helps.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Well thats not good. On the CB, green is ground. Black/brown is 12v, and Green/yellow is connect the the brake switches. The other side of the brake switch is connected to 12v.

When you turn on the ignition, 12v is applied to the Black/brown and the running light part of the bulb lights. When you apply a brake, 12v volts is applied to the brake light element and it lights and the tail light gets brighter.

The bike’s green wire is the common ground for it for both elements in the bulb. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I’m thinking the tail light red and black are hots but I’m confused if the yellow is a common.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
And I could have worded it better. When you apply a brake, 12v is applied through the brake switch and sent to the brake light element via the Green/ yellow.

I’m not sure I can tell you how to hook it up as I don’t have one of those to play with. If I did I could tell you pretty quick.
 
Thread starter
I understood what you meant. Thanks. .

What I don’t know is how the taillight sees ground. Perhaps the bolts to the frame.

I’ll give it a go.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ground is through the Bike green wire. Our lights are not chassis grounded with mounting bolts, etc.

The Honda light has 2 elements connected together at one end. The green wire connects to the center of the elements (where they are connected together. The brake wire connects to one element end, and the running light wire connects to the other element end. So, the elements have a common ground through the green wire. And whichever element gets 12v lights. One is 12v all the time, the other when you brake.

Do you have a wiring diagram? If not, PM me.
 
Thread starter
I've got part of the way there.

CB black to light red and CB yellow to light black.

CB green not attached
Taillight yellow not attached.

With this I get the brake light but no running light.

Any ideas?
 
Check your email.
HW figured it out!!

I’ll let him fill in the details.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Check your email.
HW figured it out!!

I’ll let him fill in the details.

Thanks to your help and double checking the ground connection
eb66f47815f5d4192777bafc9ae73e70.png
46fc3d5accfc147bb1a7b769ee6c41c3.png


I got it working.

CB green to Black
CB black to yellow
CB yellow to red.

Bingo
492e24d02af4017e86055e68fae22e7f.png
d32ee9eeea5f668a4919a552849e3e95.png
686fef07625437ee1ccaaeab7ddcca29.png
.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top