flynrider
Road warrior
As I recall, back in the late 70s, a few motorcycle magazine writers coined the term. Supposedly, it was a contraction of "Squirrely Kid".EmptySea_imp said:I don't really believe that the term "Squid" was originated from an acronym, but maybe I'm wrong. I've heard it directed mainly at young and newish riders who are overconfident and under-qualified. I'm not sure exactly how one would identify these characteristics while passing a motorcyclist traveling in the opposite direction except in fairly rare instances, but perhaps DHB has a different definition for the term.Retsel_imp said:Had to look it up! Heard it many times but never new. Is this accurate?
Squid = Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous (motorcycle Slang)
Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
I wave at every motorcycle or scooter that I notice, at every little kid whose head turns from the sidewalk as I pass on the street, occasionally at bicyclists if they are out in the middle of nowhere working really hard, and accidentally at fellow Jeep owners when I forget that I'm on my bike.
I was kind of a squid myself back in those days, and was not offended by the label.



