Sad story (kinda)

Ourfreedom_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
So back in March I traded off my CB for a larger more visible bike after one of my Sailors was killed on his bike. Totally an emotional decision. Fortunately today I was able to buy my bike back from the guy who bought from the dealer I traded it to. That’s the good news. Bad news is they somehow messed up the front brakes (and a whole host of other things) and I need to replace the rotors. Does anybody have a good lead on oem or (quality) aftermarket brake rotors? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
 
per post #26 in PB's 2nd link

TRW MST278 is a direct replacement for front rotors. considerably cheaper than oem
 
Thread starter
pekingduck_imp said:
Ourfreedom_imp said:
Found them! Thanks everyone!
Did you find them in the US? What supplier?
Did you find them in the US? What supplier?
Looking for the TRW part number I found them for $155 ea on eBay. But coming out of Germany. Best price found so far. Might take a while but I’ll be on deployment before they get here. They’ll just be waiting for when I get back.
 
Ourfreedom_imp said:
pekingduck_imp said:
Ourfreedom_imp said:
Found them! Thanks everyone!
Did you find them in the US? What supplier?
Did you find them in the US? What supplier?
Looking for the TRW part number I found them for $155 ea on eBay. But coming out of Germany. Best price found so far. Might take a while but I’ll be on deployment before they get here. They’ll just be waiting for when I get back.
Did you find them in the US? What supplier?
Looking for the TRW part number I found them for $155 ea on eBay. But coming out of Germany. Best price found so far. Might take a while but I’ll be on deployment before they get here. They’ll just be waiting for when I get back.
Where did you find the TRW number for the brake rotors, and what is it?
 
Randy B_imp said:
Ourfreedom_imp said:
pekingduck_imp said:
Ourfreedom_imp said:
Found them! Thanks everyone!
Did you find them in the US? What supplier?
Did you find them in the US? What supplier?
Looking for the TRW part number I found them for $155 ea on eBay. But coming out of Germany. Best price found so far. Might take a while but I’ll be on deployment before they get here. They’ll just be waiting for when I get back.
Did you find them in the US? What supplier?
Looking for the TRW part number I found them for $155 ea on eBay. But coming out of Germany. Best price found so far. Might take a while but I’ll be on deployment before they get here. They’ll just be waiting for when I get back.
Where did you find the TRW number for the brake rotors, and what is it?
PB shared: https://www.trwaftermarket.com/ap/catalogue/product/mst278/

There, the model appears to be: MST278.
 
OK I did some searching and found the TRW part numbers for both front and rear for 13-16 models (not sure about the earlier ones).
Front: MST278
Rear: MST274

I also found the front ones listed on Ebay UK for 94.90 GBP ($117.00 as of this post). Not sure what the shipping would be though.

Pardon our interruption...
 
Thread starter
Thanks everyone for your help with the brakes. Now I NEED your expertise on something else. After getting my CB back on the road and safe I had to put her bed as I was about leave on deployment. I went to put her up on the lift and like a complete bafoon I forgot to put up the side stand which caught on the ramp. You can probably see where this is going. The side stand caught the ramp and off the side of the lift she went. Bars bent, new mirrors toast, exhaust less round than it was and worst of all my tank decided to sacrifice itself to keep the mechanicals from hitting the deck. The tank landed on the pump to my floor jack.
 
That really is a Sad story some body is telling you !
At least you were not heard and your bike can be repaired , trust me we all do stupid things like that in life.
As the bikes are getting older more used parts are coming up for sale .
 
Oh bad luck, OF... it happens. Do you have house insurance? In the UK, our house insurance "might" cover something like this. There again, it might not!

I had tools on the wall of my last garage and a jemmy (case opener) was hanging there. I accidentally knocked it off it's nail and it fell, unerringly making it's way towards my 'bike... Nope, it didn't clatter harmlessly to the ground, and nope, it didn't bounce harmlessly off the seat... it planted itself, front and centre, on the tank, leaving a sharp, noticeable 'ding' that's still there.

Not as dramatic as what befell you, but just to show you a bit of fellow-feeling and that you're in good company.
 
Back
Top