xpacpal1x_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
I was struck by the custom Ryujin CB1100s that were first linked here on CB1100 Forum a few weeks ago. As many of you know, there are at least a few avenues in which a CB1100 customization project can travel. Many have attempted to capture the look of the famous CB750 of the 1970s. Rather than further pursue the retro look, all my modifications have been performance related (Type II handlebars, Staintune exhaust, PowerCommander V, Moriwaki skid pads, Ohlins rear shocks, and Superbrace). I am a conservative rider, and the CB1100 is my first motorcycle. However, in those moments when I pull off the line quickly, I found the stock seat too flat, and have always wanted a bit of seat cushion to assure me that I won't slide off the bike. I will likely never ride "two up". Enter the Ryujin seat. Rather than contact Ryujin directly and deal with the possible language barrier, I contacted Mr. Takahashi of Samurider.com, as I previously found his level of service and comminication highly satisfactory. This is my third purchase from Samurider and I give them another "highest approval rating" for service and communication. I asked Takahashi to contact Ryujin and commission the pictured seat using a US stock seat as the starting point (i.e., emphasizing that I am a taller rider) and requested that the seat feature silver piping and embroidery. I didn't go into any further detail with Takahashi and while I waited for delivery, I was quite concerned that the ultimate result wouldn't have sufficient lip at the rear. Upon receipt of the finished product, I was pleasantly surprised with proportion of the lip and so satisfied with the seat that I feel compelled to share this option with any interested forum members. The seat feels firmer than the stock seat and, in my opinon, it provides somewhat better feel to the rider regarding what the bike is doing. I am not a highway rider, and find myself riding almost exclusively canyon roads of Southern California and the Pacific Coast Highway...this may affect my seat preference.
