Ruined...

ThomWill_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Rode Katie to work today and got caught in a summer rain squall on the way home. I guess, based on what I have seen in other bike adverts, that she is fully depreciated now and I will never be able to sell her. :s S'ok by me.
 
Dang, I guess mine hasn't been worth anything since right after I got it last year...
 
Lol popgun! None of my bikes have ever been wet by rain nor water. I use the green rag. Which most laugh at me but my bikes stay pretty clean :)
 
How does one own a motorcycle and take trips and stuff without EVER getting caught in the rain? I have taken hundreds of trips over the years and pretty sure I got caught in the rain in every one of them.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
How does one own a motorcycle and take trips and stuff without EVER getting caught in the rain? I have taken hundreds of trips over the years and pretty sure I got caught in the rain in every one of them.

Agreed, in Georgia and the south in general it is hard to imagine how one could avoid it. I am rarely without rain gear from spring to fall.
 
A little water never hurt anyone (says the guy who has not ridden in anything more than a little sprinkle for the whole year of ownership... hah!).

When I saw the thread title I cringed at the thought of something much worse.
 
I've spent all day in the rain. Cheap plug wires were shorting out so the bike was loosing power. Luckily I made it home OK. I'm geared for rain. Don't want to do it though.
 
That's it, Thom. She's practically worthless now. Unless ....

You dry her off really fast, sell her to someone not on this forum and buy a 2014. :)
 
Didn't Guth have to ride his home in the rain? Or was that ferret?
 
It was Guth. Ferret had to ride his home in the cold lol
 
It rained the first four times my wife and I rode together. Nothing quite as chilling as the visor-down, slow head turn I'd get from her at stop lights.
 
I got rained on, and lost, in the mountains of NC yesterday between Robbinsville and Franklin after riding the Cherahola Skyway. At least I had a good rain suit!!
 
Back
Top