Rubber Lever End Thingies

I did not but gave it some thought, thinking it might make it more pliable. The friction of the cotton jersey glove made a big difference for gripping it. One seemed to go on easier than the other. Both came from the local Honda dealer but one had to be ordered since they only had one in stock. They were packaged differently. I think the ordered (newer) one was a bit easier. Maybe softer from not having sat in stock for awhile. I can't imagine they are big sellers.
 
You're one of "us" now Stateboy. A Padawan learner no longer you are.

Ferret will show you the secret handshake at the rally...
 
Thread starter
stateboy_imp said:
I put my pair on today (about 6-8 minutes time). Silicone worked better than my spit. I wore cotton jersey gloves to get them on. My wife came around the corner to ask what I was doing. I tried to explain what and why. She just shook her head as I popped the second one on. I'm good to go.
It had not occurred to me before, but I see now that one of the critical things about RLETs is precisely that one has to be an initiate. You know, 'If you have to ask, you will never understand'. Food for thought.

Well done, stateboy.

cb4me?, if you will forgive me, the words of Robert the Bruce remember you must.
 
stateboy_imp said:
I put my pair on today (about 6-8 minutes time). Silicone worked better than my spit. I wore cotton jersey gloves to get them on. My wife came around the corner to ask what I was doing. I tried to explain what and why. She just shook her head as I popped the second one on. I'm good to go.

:angel: and another angel gets her wings
 
I am no longer a Padawan!

But it took a while to install the RLETs.
I noticed the ball on the end of the lever was flat on the bottom.
As was the collar on the RLET.
So I tried many times to slip the RLET on from bottom to top with two flat spots mated.
Didn’t work.
Neither did softening the RLET is boiling water.
Nor did dish soap, or silicon grease.
Cleaned everything off both the lever and RLET.
Inserted a small pair of pliers in the collar and stretched it every way possible.
No luck.
I thought to myself, I not tough enough to ride a Honda let alone a Harley.

Then I noticed the back of the lever is also flat.
So I tried pushing the RLET on from the back of the ball to the front with two flat spots mated.
BINGO!
Slid the other one on first try.

Somewhere in the Honda factory in Japan there is a group of cute young girls reading this and laughing their tushys off. They can slip an RLET on faster than you can don a condom.
 
alright Nortoon! Bet you are the first on a 17 EX. A position of distinction

and another angel gets her wings :angel:
 
Ummm yes, no longer a Padawan learner are you! One of 'us' you are now.

AND, if you go to the rally, Ferret will show you the secret handshake.
 
Thread starter
And if you don't go to the rally, you will, by some mysterious osmosis, learn it.

Good work Nortoon.
 
Before I am inducted into the "RLET Hall of Shame", I had my dealer's service people install my RLETs. My RLETs have been sitting around since last November! Several times I failed install my RLETs despite all the excellent advise posted in this thread. Please allow me to be a part of your esteemed "Society of RLETs CB1100 Riders", even it is as a probationary member.


BTW: During my RLET test ride home, I was speeding and I was not detected on police radar! Perhaps the RLETs reduced the radar target so you can ride in "stealth mode" :cool:
 
:angel: and another angel gets her wings thanks to Suhawk

NOW... It's a proper CB :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Suhawk, I've a recollection that no lesser personage than the Ferret had his RLETs fitted by the dealer.

Welcome. :angel:
 
Know the secret handshake you can, Suhawk. A Padawan no longer are you. But work on installation skills you must.

Cormanus, can a moderator be banned? Cause thats how you get banned :)
 
Cormanus, OK, I read that, but, I was joking about your comment about Ferret having the dealer install his RLETS. Heresy! Say it isn't so :)
 
Tis true, I would not remove a CB from the dealers lot without it first having Rlets installed, either on my 2013 or my 2014. After all, I bought a Honda CB.. Not just some random motorcycle.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Cormanus, OK, I read that, but, I was joking about your comment about Ferret having the dealer install his RLETS. Heresy! Say it isn't so :)
I can't. See above too.
 
Now that I am no longer a Padawan, I can be bold and say this: On the positive side of having dealer installed RLETs on our CBs, Ferret and I provided excellent opportunities to young motorcycle mechanics the knowledge and appreciation for RLETed CBs. If not, RLETs can find their way to the dustbin of history. Try to imagine a world without RLETs in the future.

Rather than to criticize poor Ferret, you should praise him for his actions and leadership in the mission to keep the RLETed CB alive for all of the future generations!
 
Ummm, Wise Suhawk is. Complete, your training is.


And, Ferret is the one who introduced us to RLETS back in '13
 
Back
Top