Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Thanks :banana:The ferret_imp said:Nope ok by me.... CB Hondas are supposed to wear RLETS IMO


My 78 CB550 has themThe ferret_imp said:I think 1977 was the last year of the RLET's (I know the 77 K models had them....don't think the F's did)
Ben70_imp said:chandler- don't tell anyone, this is just between us. Use the lube of your choice, WD-40 is ok, and warm a cup of water for a minute in the micro-wave. Drop them in for a few seconds and fish them out using a needle nose pliers. Then take the pliers, and another pair, and insert them so you can grip and spread open the RLET. You need to hold the pliers backward so you can pull the little guy on away from you, if that makes any sense. Good luck, and remember, don't mention this to anyone. I think the spit and blood method may be the only officially sanctioned means of install.
Ben
They're hard to place because they don't belong on any bike's levers. In the days of yore, when Hondas were sold with these cursed rubbers, I would cut them off before I took a new Honda home.chandler_imp said:I give up. I just spent almost an hour out there trying to get one RLET on. I read all posts, boiled the RLETs, sprayed a little WD-40 on the lever, used some gloves and paper towels, and tried with all my might to get one on. After a while of sweating, swearing, and my hand cramping up, I split the rubber on one of them. Although this finally allowed me to get it on, I knew it didn't count. I give up. Maybe I'm just not cut out to be cool.
2013 Honda CB1100