Rubber Lever End Thingies

Hummm, more training our new Padawan needs. To be a CB master install the RLETs you must. Do or do not. There is no try.

(You have to talk like Yoda when discussing RLETS, but know not why do I.)

Like Ferret says, we have a lot of fun with this.
 
The ferret_imp said:
SEriously? Oh c'mon, we have a lot of fun with RLETs. Maybe you hadn't noticed that? This is a 72 page thread about 2 little rubber covers for a lever ball end. There is no one perfect way to put them on, but lots and lots of advice in this thread. Nobody was trying to ridicule anybody.

However, if you were actually offended I apologize.

No harm, no foul. I had actually had the brake lever side installed, but ripped the clutch side trying to get it on. Too much heat gun . The replacement came yesterday. ArmourAll made it a heckuva lot easier.
2509862a55719e862141a55b9ca9cefc.jpg
 
You're one of 'us' now RD! Ferret will show you the secret handshake at the next rally :)

No longer a Padawan are you! (but never show Redbirds (the Dark Lord) the secret handshake... jus sayin
 
Thread starter
I had occasion to inspect the RLETs on a 1971 CB750 yesterday. I noticed they were longer in the shaft than their descendants. Have levers got shorter? Or has Honda hit on some other discovery?
 
:angel: and another angel gets her wings
 
someone posted it (can't remember who) while you were on your ride with your son and I stole it to use when needed because it is hilarious.
 
So, are we saying that improper RLET installation has something to do with pregnancy? Hadn't thought of that. But, if the average person has the same trouble with a prophylactic as with the RLET there is a new baby boom on the rise!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
It might be that use of RLETs has slowed the proliferation of the CB1100.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
It might be that use of RLETs has slowed the proliferation of the CB1100.
:rofl:

(Took a while for me to get it. But then I found it in the dictionary: rubber johnny.)
 
Or longly, depending on how it goes
 
Cormanus_imp said:
It might be that use of RLETs has slowed the proliferation of the CB1100.
Hey, I got mine on in less than 10 seconds each side...microwave 15 seconds, one drop of olive oil...boom! Just sayin'
 
The ferret_imp said:
Or longly, depending on how it goes
Took maybe a minute each, had to figure out the technique. The alcohol works really well, hardly takes but a few drops, very slippery, but then dries and leaves the rubber very grippy.

I don't know what they do for the bike but the look OK so I'll leave 'em.
 
Ulvetanna_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Or longly, depending on how it goes
Took maybe a minute each, had to figure out the technique. The alcohol works really well, hardly takes but a few drops, very slippery, but then dries and leaves the rubber very grippy.

I don't know what they do for the bike but the look OK so I'll leave 'em.
What they do? As you walk your bike out of the garage past your car, they keep the levers from scratching the sides of your vehicle. And they increase MPG.
 
Congrats Wolf! Now you're one of 'us'. A CB master! Ferret will show you the secret handshake at the next rally!
 
Ulvetanna_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Or longly, depending on how it goes
Took maybe a minute each, had to figure out the technique. The alcohol works really well, hardly takes but a few drops, very slippery, but then dries and leaves the rubber very grippy.

I don't know what they do for the bike but the look OK so I'll leave 'em.
Took maybe a minute each, had to figure out the technique. The alcohol works really well, hardly takes but a few drops, very slippery, but then dries and leaves the rubber very grippy.

I don't know what they do for the bike but the look OK so I'll leave 'em.
:angel: and another angel gets her wings

What they do for the bike goes beyond what can be measured with a scientific instruments. They summon the spirit of Soichiro, and bless the bike with true CBness.
 
Back
Top