Rubber Lever End Thingies

The A-man_imp said:
Arrrghhhh! I thought I was different. I thought I had self-restraint. I thought I could hold out...but you guys just wore me down... I couldn't resist. I thought maybe I'd just go to e-bay and "look". Maybe it would be too hard to order... but then... there they were, right on my screen in front of me, all black and alluring. So I hit the "Buy it now" button! $9.48 with free shipping! All I had to do was search on "95010" and they popped right up. Life will forever change for me when they arrive on Monday, 7 Oct! Now, who's gonna console me when I whine about them being too hard to install????
:rofl:

A-Man, let us know how the install goes. :cool:

Time to beat: 11 seconds. :D
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
And once again Redbirds shows why he must never be shown the secret handshake!! :P
:rofl: such a sensible man otherwise :rolleyes:
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
They might with the magic of the RLET, or, adjust the lever like Honda intended
I fiddled with the levers but it's just going to take some getting used to the thicker grips. I have big hands and everything has a trade off. The grips definitely feel more comfortable and the grip puppies installed very easily. Loctite on the bar end weights so I don't lose one.
 
The A-man_imp said:
Arrrghhhh! I thought I was different. I thought I had self-restraint. I thought I could hold out...but you guys just wore me down... I couldn't resist. I thought maybe I'd just go to e-bay and "look". Maybe it would be too hard to order... but then... there they were, right on my screen in front of me, all black and alluring. So I hit the "Buy it now" button! $9.48 with free shipping! All I had to do was search on "95010" and they popped right up. Life will forever change for me when they arrive on Monday, 7 Oct! Now, who's gonna console me when I whine about them being too hard to install????
I'm on the same boat with you :celebrate::excited::beerchug:
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
And once again Redbirds shows why he must never be shown the secret handshake!! :P
Well. Yes. He might cut himself.
 
You're one of 'us' now! Ferret will show you the secret handshake at the next rally! But you must never show Redbirds... ;)
 
:angel: and another angel gets her wings
 
dsan what part of California are you in?

Anyway... got mine on. That was a pain! Weird because the brake lever went on in about 20 seconds. The clutch? Not so much... Took some serious fiddling with a bit of wd40 and paper towel.
 
:angel: and another angel gets her wings
 
And you too are one of 'us' now Ryan. The knowledge of the secret handshake will be yours at the next rally :P
 
I figured I had a few minutes before work. Why not give it a shot, right? Haha it definitely took longer than a few minutes to do the clutch side. Not sure what I was doing differently, but the brake side was quick.
 
I shot a squirt of WD40... went right on. I kinda have a gorilla grip from installing floors for to many years!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Man for me they just kept squirming back and forth. I'd get it close to stretching over then it would go sideways. I was so glad when the 2nd one popped over. I think stretching them warmed them up to help go on. If I had to do it again, I might try boiling some water and pouring some in a mug with the caps to soften them up first.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
LOL!

9 pages on rubber lever thingies! :)


remember when you were astounded this thread was 9 pages popgun? :rofl:
 
Got mine on. Garden gloves, WD-40, 2 pair of needle nose plyers. Sure didnt get it done in record time, but they are on.

I remember my 1968 CL350 (1st new bike) had RLETS and my 1st mod was to cut them off because none of the Harleys or Triumphs had them. Oh the shame.
 
:angel: and another angel gets her wings
 
gmike_imp said:
Got mine on. Garden gloves, WD-40, 2 pair of needle nose plyers. Sure didnt get it done in record time, but they are on.

I remember my 1968 CL350 (1st new bike) had RLETS and my 1st mod was to cut them off because none of the Harleys or Triumphs had them. Oh the shame.
Back then, your inner self told you it was the right thing to do.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
LOL!

9 pages on rubber lever thingies! :)


remember when you were astounded this thread was 9 pages popgun? :rofl:


remember when you were astounded this thread was 9 pages popgun? :rofl:
It is unreal isn't it. You created a monster! :D

Gmike, you are one of 'us' now, and Ferret will show you the secret handshake at the rally. :P
 
Back
Top