Rubber Lever End Thingies

Thread starter
Another 15 posts and there'll be 500 in this thread. Who'd a thunk it? :angel:
 
Here's another shameless post to edge us ever closer to the 500 mark. Way to go, Nemo! May I suggest you coming back and sharing your pleasant experience of installing your RLETs, accompanied by photos?
 
If I merged the various threads about rlets, imagine how many posts we would have lol
 
I have RLET'S on my 250L enduro, 1999 Valkyrie Interstate, as well as my CB1100, I have different style levers on my chopper so I can't use any on it, maybe one day I'll learn how to post pictures, I belong to four different bike forums, two of them is easy to post pictures as well as email and Facebook. but here and my valkyrie forum not so much.....
 
Thread starter
Headbanger02,

Posting pictures here is not a breeze it's true. Uploading them directly to the site is made more difficult by the need to keep image sizes small to manage the amount of space our greatly esteemed leader has to pay for.

There is a relatively simple approach that many of us adopt. I'll try to set it out simply to try to help you and others who find this a pain.

1. Go to a third party hosting site, for example Flikr, Photobucket, Google+ and create an account. I recommend Photobucket but only because it comes complete with tools that allow you easily to post photos here.

2. Open an account.

3. You should see easily how to upload the photos you want to display.

4. You will then see a screen that looks something like this—


5. Let's say it's the picture on the right I want to display to the forum.


6. See the boxes underneath the picture? The one you want has the heading 'IMG'. Click in the text box underneath it. It will go blue (or maybe some other colour depending on your system).


7. Once it's blue, copy it using what ever mechanism you use for copying stuff on screen—the edit menu, right clicking, ctrl-C, whatever.

8. Paste the text into the compose box on the forum. That's all you have to do. Photobucket has produced the necessary instructions to tell the forum software what to do. It will look like this—


9. What you see in the photo above it this post. The square brackets containing text are called Tags. They tell the forum software to do something. In this case I'm telling it to align the next bit in the centre of the screen. I then tell it to display the image at the internet address you can see, which is my Photobucket account. The tags at the end of the URL tell the software it has reached the end of the instructions.

10. Press 'Preview Post' or 'Post Reply' and your pictures should display.

If that isn't clear, please PM me and I'll see whether I can help.
 
Here she is wearing her shiny new RLETS!!

Isn't she lovely? Isn't she wonderful?
:D

Installation wasn't too bad. I saw this movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" from which I learned that half of life problems you can solve with WINDEX. The other half just needs WWD40 and the other half duct tape (derived from my common core math :thumbsup: )

Installation secret is to keep the rlets dry on the outside so they stay tacky and stick to your finger tips. Spray some windex (cannot be any other brand of glass cleaner) on the lever's tip and wiggle the rlet in there. BOOM! DONE! 2 minutes.

<Elvis Voice> Thank you, thank you very much.</elvis>

:cool:

N

[This here is where you'll see my signature when I learn how to create one.]
 
Thread starter
I've written enough instructions for one day! :s

But you could try going here.
 
Nemo, worked for me.

Look at the top of the page where it says Welcome back Nemo. Click on User CP and bring up the user control panel.

Now, on the left, look at Your Profile and click on Change Signature and, as Cormanus says, Bobs you're uncle!
 
It may be his post count, I have pm'd Guth for an explanation. He told me once but it was years ago and I can barely remember what people told me yesterday, (especially since this is the second time it has come up in 2 1/2 years).
 
Yes Nemo, you're one of us now...

Ferret usually says, "and another angle gets her wings"
and I add that Ferret will show you the secret handshake at the next rally :)
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Yes Nemo, you're one of us now...

Ferret usually says, "and another angle gets her wings"
and I add that Ferret will show you the secret handshake at the next rally :)
:rofl:
 
Back
Top