Royal Enfield 2025 Classic 650

pdedse

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
Not yet available in the U.S. but coming soon?

e084634449d137652a2a60a00cbd5f2c.jpg


I'd like to meet the person(s) at RE who come up with the paint schemes, shake their hand(s), nominate them for an award...or something. I think they are marvelous for the most part...they make me happy just to look at them.
73cdc242803618efd811e6878a1e74f3.jpg


Not only several colors, but slight variances of paint pattern:
79f79e8895b74c538926ae36695e7815.jpg


ca1fdb0796319f049b5fa020bafbc0f9.jpg


Matching Kickstand! Who does this?
63481cad95c4362d47fd3c5b7e975a90.jpg


I realize they are not for everybody, but I just think RE is doing some really cool things with their motorcycle platforms.

These make me think about cleaning the garage to see if there is room for just one more. I won't, but somebody wrote recently "I think pdsdse should buy what he wants" or something like that. I just can't get the simplicity of that out of my mind.

: )

The maroon is my favorite.
 
They have a certain charm, don’t they?
 
They certainly are getting the most out of the 650 twin platform. Seems every time someone posts something about:
"Will they make a 650 version of the 350 classic?"
"Will they make a scrambler version of the 650?"
"Will they make a cruiser version of the 650?"

They do it. Why not, there are so many versions of the bike that one will resonate with most of the riding public who's looking for something in that size range and likes classic style.
 
My buddy Rick & I went to test drive several of the RE models last summer. We both came away impressed with the Interceptor 650. Rick ended up finding a used 2022 model with only 302 miles. Last week we found one for me on the east side of the state (by Flint), 2021 INT 650 w/108 miles, two previous owners.

After removing mice nests & debris, and a good wash. Needs a bit of work before running (mouse nest in air filter/chamber).
 
Well done, Razor.
 
Congrats Ray

2 previous owners....108 miles? How does that even happen?
 
Razor_imp said:
My buddy Rick & I went to test drive several of the RE models last summer. We both came away impressed with the Interceptor 650. Rick ended up finding a used 2022 model with only 302 miles. Last week we found one for me on the east side of the state (by Flint), 2021 INT 650 w/108 miles, two previous owners.

After removing mice nests & debris, and a good wash. Needs a bit of work before running (mouse nest in air filter/chamber).
Hi Ray, congrats.

Just curious why 2 previous owner?

Is the engine overhead valves or overhead cams?

How do you like the rear suspension performance?
Hi Ray, congrats.

Just curious why 2 previous owner?

Is the engine overhead valves or overhead cams?

How do you like the rear suspension performance?
 
Congrats! That’s how I got mine. Test rode for a day (full day rental), loved it, found an 800 mile near-new one. It’s a bike that’s commonly bought on impulse by the “I want a motorcycle” crowd due to its low price, so they are abundant on the used market with minimal miles when they aren’t ridden.

Valves are screw adjusted overhead so super easy to maintain. Parts are also very cheap and easy to get on EBay India. If the seat is uncomfortable, there are plenty of options for cheap too.
 
Good find Razor. Nice looking bike. Knowing you, I’m sure you checked out for any wire damage caused by the mice.
 
Very nice indeed!!
 
Razor, I’m sure you’ve checked out the RE forums for info and advice. Lots of good info on common trouble areas - relays, brake calipers, etc.
 
Thread starter
Razor_imp said:
My buddy Rick & I went to test drive several of the RE models last summer. We both came away impressed with the Interceptor 650. Rick ended up finding a used 2022 model with only 302 miles. Last week we found one for me on the east side of the state (by Flint), 2021 INT 650 w/108 miles, two previous owners.

After removing mice nests & debris, and a good wash. Needs a bit of work before running (mouse nest in air filter/chamber).
It's a dangerous thing.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Congrats Ray

2 previous owners....108 miles? How does that even happen?
1st owner, older gentleman put 78 miles in 2 years. He traded a 2015 SR400 with only 90 miles. Not the kind of person that puts any amount of miles on his bikes.

2nd owner bought the bike 8/2023, rode it until she found out she was expecting. It sat in the barn. She did pull the battery and seat. Only added another 30 miles.

We were suspicious as it’s uncommon to find such low mileage.
Gone in 60_imp said:
Razor, I’m sure you’ve checked out the RE forums for info and advice. Lots of good info on common trouble areas - relays, brake calipers, etc.
Amazing the popularity of these bikes in the UK, Europe, Asia and Australia. Plenty of info on-line…. Kinda cool!

For those interested; there’s electrical relays that the factory put white lithium grease in the connectors and over time some were having problems.
Because of the mice situation with this bike, I looked over all the wiring, hoses and wire looms. All were good, but the relay connections had to be cleaned.
Haven’t heard of brake problems?
Will be making some changes. Different exhaust (stock is too quiet, IMO), replace the headlight bulb to LED, rear fender extension will be shortened, and grips will be changed to the same type as the Janus (Biltwell). Rick has an RE touring seat that we might barter a trade.
The oil type is a bit different. 10W50 synthetic.
Rick is getting 60mpg+, and he’s a bit of a “sport” rider.
 
My local dealer bought a Yamaha back that he sold to the guy new. In 6 years he put 40 miles on it!
 
I know right. Dedication is the key to racking up big miles lol
 
Razor, regarding the rear mud flap - I just removed mine and think the bike looks a lot less… agricultural.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Razor, regarding the rear mud flap - I just removed mine and think the bike looks a lot less… agricultural.
Hey Gone, couldn’t agree more.
I’m guessing the rear fender extension is a DOT requirement?
I removed it and it seemed too short/odd. Ended up trimming the extension and reattaching it. Not 100% sold on it, but it’ll do for now.
 
I don't think the fender extension itself is a DOT requirement, but it houses the rear reflector, which is.
I have an auxiliary LED brake/tail light under my luggage rack, so didn't mind losing the reflector.
 
Good find, Ray. I’ll be interested in how you like the bike after you put some more miles on it. They always look so nice when I see them pop up online.
 
Back
Top