ride4now_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
I’m seriously thinking of taking a Route 66 road trip this year, in May and/or June. I’d start in Chicago and then head west to Santa Monica.
Have any of you done this trip and if so do you have any observations you could share? I keep my bikes in Georgia, so I’d have to ride to Chicago from Atlanta first, and when done I’d ride back to Atlanta from California. I thought about shipping the bike to California, flying out to get it, and riding the route in reverse... but I’m not sure if that’s a smart idea or not. If I ride round trip, I’m thinking the trip would take 30 days, give or take, and would cover somewhere around 5000 miles. If I shipped it, I could save a week but the hassle seems a bit much. If anyone has done this ride, in any fashion, I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Have any of you done this trip and if so do you have any observations you could share? I keep my bikes in Georgia, so I’d have to ride to Chicago from Atlanta first, and when done I’d ride back to Atlanta from California. I thought about shipping the bike to California, flying out to get it, and riding the route in reverse... but I’m not sure if that’s a smart idea or not. If I ride round trip, I’m thinking the trip would take 30 days, give or take, and would cover somewhere around 5000 miles. If I shipped it, I could save a week but the hassle seems a bit much. If anyone has done this ride, in any fashion, I’d love to hear your thoughts.




