ROAD - The Movie

Townie_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Watched the movie "ROAD" on Netflix last night.

I found it to be quite a riveting story about the Dunlop brothers, and road racing in general.

Here's the trailer:
 
Looks good. Going to have to check that out. Thanks for the tip.
 
I too just saw it on Netflix last week. Very good documentary. You may also want to check the films "Faster" and "Fastest," both great documentaries on MotoGP, although I think Netflix removed them recently (weak...).
 
You know Geezer as I have gotten older and can't hear as well, I have found the sub-titles very useful, however, I have also found I can't read them and see the action on the screen at the same time lol
 
Totally understood. Here's what I did. I watched the movie twice. The first time without the sub-titles, then immediately afterwards with them. Worked like a charm. Time consuming perhaps, but imo, well worth the time ;)
 
No problem with the link, it's related to the topic and motorcycle related
 
Just watched it. Very well done. I didn't know about the Dunlops. So amazing and so tragic. Thanks for pointing it out.
 
I guess I've lived a sheltered life...I didn't know motorcycles raced in the rain...I thought they just shut it down like NASCAR.

No matter what rain tire they put on there, how do you train for that?
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
I guess I've lived a sheltered life...I didn't know motorcycles raced in the rain...I thought they just shut it down like NASCAR.

No matter what rain tire they put on there, how do you train for that?
Most all road course racing, whether two or four wheel is done in whatever weather conditions are at the time unless so severe that visibility is a factor.

A few years ago the Indy Motogp race was held in a tropical storm. Things got too nasty after a while.
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
I guess I've lived a sheltered life...I didn't know motorcycles raced in the rain...I thought they just shut it down like NASCAR.

No matter what rain tire they put on there, how do you train for that?
It's a skill in and of itself (and a huge advantage), I've never followed motorcycle racing that closely, but in the car world there were drivers who achieved mythical status for their wet weather ability -- Arton Senna in F1 was probably the most well known of these.
 
In road racing certain riders ( like Rossi) become known as rain riders, in motocross some are mud riders. It's amazing what some of these guys can do in less than ideal conditions.
 
Watched the movie the other day. Found it kind of sad.
 
Back
Top